Points VS Pips - page 103

Vladislav Andruschenko:

It was in the video...

Yeah, where, Vladislav give it to me.

Roman:

I am not a programmer, but I find bugs of programmers.) Yes I'm studying other programming languages, understanding, writing my own programs. I'm not standing still like many others.
If you do not see the point in stock quotes and specifications of traded assets, then there is no point in talking about something else. Each to his own way.
Other people who do not understand the markets are proving it, and I am just showing the reality.
As for the symbols, they are not understandable to anyone, and when there is a lack of understanding, people get aggressive instead of curious about something new.

It's clear that you don't understand it yourself, but to cite it as some kind of proof is stupid at the very least.

You probably want someone to figure it out for you and explain it to you?

and this is about the point, the branch is mixed up, don't do the video

It's strange to see respectable people here, what difference does it make what point, you have to earn it first.

Nikolay Ivanov:

Read carefully, all the answers have been given. Again, the fractional part is for adaptation, so you argue, you don't understand and it's done for you. And there are no fractional points in the code.

The conversation is going in the wrong direction here, everybody is trying to show off their knowledge without understanding what they're saying... I'll try to put it in simple terms... In programming, you need minimal price divisions, these divisions need one-word names, and this word is a pip. And the minimal tick size is composed of pips, ticks come as events and have their own pips, etc. Everything is encumbered with terms and relations until the program arrives.

This topic was created to make it easier for traders to find a language with programmers.

As for the screenshots, all your sites and platforms are made by programmers, not traders, while the logic and mathematics is the same for all programmers.

OK, the minimum division of a ruble is a penny, right?
How do we write one penny? Right 1,0000 (kopeck).
So where is the point?

here comes the monkey

Vladimir Baskakov:
OK, the minimum division of a ruble is a kopeck, right?
How do we write down one kopeck? That's right, 1,0000 (kopeck).
So where is the point?

We are talking about the format of the quotation. We are not talking about the ratio of a ruble to a kopeck. We are talking about pure number operations. If the format is 12.12345, you need to know that the minimum division is 0.00001. That's all. This min-division is named "point" or "point".

Nikolay Ivanov:

it's about the format of the quotation. It's not about the ratio of a ruble to a kopeck. It's about pure number operations. If the format is 12.12345, you need to know that the min division is 0.00001. That is all. Purely a technical point.

Your arguments are all abstract.
Points to the left of the comma, pips to the right

Roman:

I am not a programmer, but I find bugs in programmers.) Yes I study other programming languages, understand them and write my own programs. I'm not standing still like many others.
If you do not see the point in stock quotes and specifications of traded assets, then there is no point in talking about something else. Everyone has his own path.
Other people who do not understand the markets are proving it, and I am just showing the reality.
As for the symbols, they are not understandable to anyone, and when there is a lack of understanding, people get aggressive instead of curious about something new.

I see. The non-programmer tells the programmer where the programmer does not understand the subject. At the same time, he uses the programmer's work, and on the basis of this work, tells the programmer where he is a fool.
Ridiculous.
It's like a blonde will prove to a car mechanic that a carburettor is a "thing" - that's what all blondes say...

You find your misunderstanding, not bugs.

Vladimir Baskakov:

shit.... you write in your EA that stoploss=100 and the quote is 324.34

The programmer needs the number from the server 0.01 - that is a point, to bring your 100 to the price by multiplying

SL = 324.34 - 100 * 0.01

That's it...! And here you have made a nonsense of 100 sheets of nothing

Vladimir Baskakov:
Shoot yourself. Please.
Reason: