Points VS Pips - page 99

Dmitry Fedoseev:

One can sense a true teacher.... depth and breadth of knowledge, all to impress students and fuck their brains out... instead of giving them the knowledge and skills that will enable them to perform effectively and really understand.

And simply put - a mishmash of letters, in some places folded into words.

I have not taught a day, although I have 15 years of teaching experience. Integer, why are you so angry?

Алексей Тарабанов:

...Integer, why are you so angry?

I hope that's a rhetorical question.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I hope this is a rhetorical question?

It depends on the circumstances.

Алексей Тарабанов:

))

The confusion is indeed present.

Since there was no five digits when MT4 was developed, pp was made an allias of pitch, which it is not, both in screen forms and in the language. Programmers and traders no longer speak the same language. This is bad, everyone understands this - hence the hypertrophied attention to this little topic.

To redo everything and eliminate all discrepancies is quite simple, but you will get a great pain from renaming Point to Step, or ... stuff like that. So, bear with me.

There is only one officially documented value of minimal change of the instrument price per one tick (event), and it is Point() - one point. Its value for each instrument can be received programmatically. All other desires/reprocesses/non-writes/pipsels, can be calculated independently, at the discretion of everyone who thinks otherwise, and use - that is MQL. But a point from all this will remain a point - the minimum value of a possible quote change.

Artyom Trishkin:

There is only one officially documented value of the minimum possible price change of an instrument per tick (event), and that is Point() - one point. Its value for each instrument can be obtained programmatically. All other desires/reprocesses/non-writes/pipsels, can be calculated independently, at the discretion of everyone who thinks otherwise, and use - that is MQL. But a point from all this will remain a point - the minimum value of a possible quote change.

Artyom, it's like arguing where the stick starts and where it ends. Or from which side you should crack an egg. You are arguing solely from the point of view of a programmer, but look more broadly. You are talking about kopecks, I will not look for a quote, but in fact in the quotes there is the fifth decimal place. It turns out that the penny is divided. And the cent and the euro cent.

Alexey Viktorov:

Artem, it's like arguing where a stick starts and where it ends. Or which side should break the egg. You argue only from the point of view of the programmer, and look wider. You are talking about kopecks, I will not look for a quote, but in fact in the quotes there is the fifth decimal place. It turns out that the penny is divided. And the cent and the euro cent.

How does a fifth, tenth, twentieth decimal place affect the notion of a point?

Answer the question of what a point is correctly. And everything will add up.

Artyom Trishkin:

How does a fifth, tenth, twentieth decimal place affect the concept of a clause?

Answer the question of what a clause is correctly. And everything will add up.

The mql's Point() has no effect, because the name of the function itself is named incorrectly!
The mql's Point() functions as Tick Size.
And Alexey correctly says, you are speaking from the point of view of a mql programmer.
The function's name is called by the developers and that's what you are guided by. And this is profoundly wrong.
Traders proceed from the specifications of the different tools.
This is why mql programmers always misunderstand traders.

Artyom Trishkin:

How does a fifth, tenth, twentieth decimal point affect the concept of a clause?

Answer the question of what a clause is. And everything will come together.

Exactly the same way that the word lock affects different sentences. In one case it's a lock, and in another it's a lock. Or better yet, practice with the word lock, like in that joke.

From a programmer's point of view, I completely agree with you. And don't look for any new terms. It's easy to come up with pee-pee...

Roman:

It does not affect to mql's Point() because the function name itself is wrong!
Alexei correctly says, you're speaking from the mql programmer's point of view.
The function's name is called by the developers and that's what you are guided by. And it's deeply mistaken.

Have you never encountered a minimum price change of 25 Point()?

The forum engine has inserted a link here as well...

SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE

Minimum price change

double

Roman:

The mql's Point() has no effect, because the name of the function itself is wrong!
Alexei correctly says, you're speaking from the mql programmer's point of view.
The function's name is called by the developers and that's what you are guided by. And it's deeply mistaken.

Wake up! There is an identifier of its own for getting the tick value.

Reason: