How often do you get good ideas in freelancing? - page 8

Sergey Novokhatskiy:

This is not a problem with the robot, it's a problem with your TKs prescribed in the robot. What you prescribe is what you get.

Believe me, I have no problem with that. :) And there won't be, as there is an understanding.

Igor Makanu:

If the customer is experienced and knows what he needs, the ToR are always "up to the mark", all improvements will be only in those moments in which he did not indicate himself, and it will not be a question of "I wrote and you do not understand it", but it will be - I pay you to write code to the ToR, not to think with you whether it will work

)))

Well, in addition, for some reason it is believed that the customer always checks the finished EA for Euro, it is not true, and what he is going to trade on, a programmer with professional ethics and will not ask.... of course, there is a legend about some TS that works on all trading tools.... but this is a legend, a philosopher's stone, which must exist

Not exactly a legend... Mine works the same way for any instrument, for any pair, for any stock. The size of the profit is just different. This is why I always check it with different symbols, but I've never checked it with the euro. Then pairs with yen, then stocks, then bitcoin and CFD. In shares the technical problems appear more often.

Whether the idea is good or not is another question. The algorithm is designed so that 99.9% of those who received it will pass on having understood that it is another "sinker" with a lot of complicated stuff. Of course, there will be those who will understand, but it is a cost and the higher the qualification of the performer, the higher the probability. And to hire a freelancer at certain stages of development is much more profitable than to keep the programmer on the payroll. Of course there are some difficulties when working with freelancers, but everything is always evaluated by economic reasonability.

All these considerations such as:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How often you get good ideas in freelancing?

Vitaliy Kashcheev, 2019.09.04 02:25

If you think like a customer, then yes) my favourite hobby is "programming" and you sit and watch an automated trading system making deals. You may ask the developer 10 times where to put this "hobgoblin" into which folder in the terminal, he opens the terminal himself, opens a window with a chart, pastes his "snot" ordered for 30-50 dollars and that's it, you keep the forex, then he thinks it's time to quit the job if the cheburaha makes 20% in a month, the customer is already in his imagination builds such a row: I leave my old woman, next I take a yacht, a bunch of women there, though maybe a bunch of men, who knows)))) ahahahaha, then booze and coke, next on this yacht will walk around the islands and of course this happiness should be posted on instagram. BUT)) it will not happen even by accident, and we again see after a couple of weeks of receiving another order "I need an adviser/buy a profitable system/we need to finish the old system". A freelancer/algotrader is someone who likes programming.

It's very convenient, the only problem is that those who think like that probably cannot do the job...))

But I think that worthwhile ideas all the same very, very little, occur 1 in 100 jobs or even less. And that.... are just ideas, not the whole robot. The algorithm may be full of great ideas, but it's built in such a way that it will fail. It's like buying a great toolkit, a quality one, in a shatterproof case and putting it under a stool to make it taller.

Maxim Romanov:

Not exactly legends... Mine works the same on any instrument, on any pair, on any stock. Only the profit margin is different. This is why I always check it on different symbols, but I've never checked it on EUR. Then pairs with yen, then stocks, then bitcoin and CFD. But most often technical problems appear on shares.

Was this your own idea or was it a freelancer?

Yevhenii Levchenko:

Was this your own idea or was it a freelancer?

I'm a customer))

Maxim Romanov:

I'm a customer))

Wow! Tru customer success story... ))

Did the robot go with the first kick or did you have to rework it?

I once posted a robot for sale and described its algorithm. Then I got a message in the private message from a diligent user thanking me for the great idea and that he had already crafted an excellent, stable robot based on that idea in a couple of hours. I recommended not to do that again because all sorts of people come here looking for ideas even on the market and kodobase. Therefore, the one who is looking for good ideas he will find, and the one who does not know what to do with them, he, though knocked on the nose bag with a good ideas, he will say: "What are you doing here in this dusty bag blocking my TV" Give me a better ready-made robot and that did not plummet and did at least 20% per month, but 20% is little I will think to take or not.

Yevhenii Levchenko:

Wow! Tru customer success story... ))

Did the robot go with the first kick or did you have to modify it?

it does not work like this))))) from the first kick it goes))) that's not how developments work.

I've been kicking since 2009 to make it go and every time it gets better, now it's going without kicking but slowly. Naturally I am developing a set of modifications to make it work better. But you can't stop the development process, the algorithm will always be incomplete. The question is not when it will be finished, but when the development cost exceeds the feasibility of using freelancing, then you have to hire a person, then when the complexity exceeds a certain threshold, then a second and so on. Not everyone is ready to accept this, most people think that now I will throw out indicators, everything will work and they can forget about development at all. If an authoritative person told me in the beginning that it wasn't so, I probably wouldn't have done it. The only problem is that I've never accepted authority)), so the cycle does not stop. Ordered - tested - got the result - processed the result - developed modifications - ordered

Maxim Romanov:
you will have to hire a person, then when the complexity exceeds a certain threshold, a second person, and so on.

It is better to learn on your own. It is not difficult. It's a win-win situation.

Maxim Romanov:

Not exactly legends... Mine works the same on any instrument, on any pair, on any stock. The size of the profit is only different

If your TS (or Expert Advisor) has hard stops (not phantom in the form of 2-day price movement ranges ;) ) - then my sincere congratulations! There were stoplots in my story ;)

SZS: By the way, by the way, I think it was the only person who did not start TK with a list of settings, and the settings themselves were in TK in the form of explanations in brackets. Many users of TOR write it on the principle of what they would like to spin ;)

Aleksei Stepanenko:

It is better to learn by yourself. This is not difficult. This is one of the advantages.

it is difficult, but if you have a hard and diligent ass and read and ask specific clearly defined questions on this forum - it is real, according to my observations from scratch you can get up in 4-6 months, and if you have basic knowledge from university, then a month - two, but the main problem is to write code and write code again, just reading does not give mastery of the language, imho of course

Maxim Romanov:

The question is not when it will end, but when the cost of development exceeds the feasibility of using freelancing, then you will have to hire someone, then when the complexity exceeds a certain threshold, then a second person, and so on.

Why not learn mql4 yourself? It's a week's work... I learned the basics after Oleg Antonyuk's publications....

Maxim Romanov:

Naturally, I am developing modification package to make it work better. But you can't stop the development process, the algorithm will always be incomplete.

The main thing is not to overdo it. I mean, don't over-do it... :)

Reason: