Product Activation Question - page 2

linfx333:
Thank you for your reply. I don't know how to download the product to my other device. (been trying). Could you please tell me how? Thanks a lot.
Never mind. I found it. Thanks.

Is it possible to deactivate the product activation? For example if I am moving from one vps to another I want to cancel the product activation from the vps. So i have the license back. 

shoot:
Is it possible to deactivate the product activation? For example if I am moving from one vps to another I want to cancel the product activation from the vps. So i have the license back. 
No. Once activated, one activation is used. Once used, you can't undo it

Stuart Browne:
No. Once activated, one activation is used. Once used, you can't undo it
Thanks Stuart for the clarification. 

Is there a way not to consume the activation? I do my trading in an internet cafe as I still don't have my own PC at home. Because of this I will be using different PC's all the time and I might end up consuming all the activations and by the time I have my own PC already I will have to purchase the indicator again just to be able to use it. That's pretty inconvenient.

‌I've actually figured a way but I'm not sure if it's going to work. My idea was to have a portable version of MT4 on my flash drive and run MT4 from the flash drive so I won't have to copy the indicator to the PC and consume the activation? Is this going to work? Is there a way to not consume the activation?

‌‌Thanks in advance for future answers.

marcnathan88:

Is there a way not to consume the activation? I do my trading in an internet cafe as I still don't have my own PC at home. Because of this I will be using different PC's all the time and I might end up consuming all the activations and by the time I have my own PC already I will have to purchase the indicator again just to be able to use it. That's pretty inconvenient.

‌I've actually figured a way but I'm not sure if it's going to work. My idea was to have a portable version of MT4 on my flash drive and run MT4 from the flash drive so I won't have to copy the indicator to the PC and consume the activation? Is this going to work? Is there a way to not consume the activation?

‌‌Thanks in advance for future answers.

No not if you plug the drive into a different computer.

What does work is an EA that was not purchased through market, so one that is compiled by yourself or by a freelance coder as those do not require activation.

Marco vd Heijden:

No not if you plug the drive into a different computer.

What does work is an EA that was not purchased through market, so one that is compiled by yourself or by a freelance coder as those do not require activation.

Thank you. I've asked a professional MT4 coder on another popular fx trading forum about this. He told me that activation only happens if the machine/PC is new or different. So I figured to just use the same PC in this internet cafe where I do my trading. If I keep using the same PC where I have activated the indicator is it going to require activation again on the same device/machine/PC?

T‌hanks for your answer and I hope to hear another one from you.

Well you could do that but if the guy from the internet cafe switches pc or operating system/hardware you risk the chance of losing activation's.

The better solution would be to have your strategy coded for you by a freelance coder so that you have the source code which does not require activation and will work on any pc.‌

Marco vd Heijden:

Well you could do that but if the guy from the internet cafe switches pc or operating system/hardware you risk the chance of losing activation's.

The better solution would be to have your strategy coded for you by a freelance coder so that you have the source code which does not require activation and will work on any pc.‌

Thanks. I stand to be corrected if I'm wrong. I would appreciate hearing a confirmation from a moderator. You mean to say that using the same PC will work. It will not activate the indicator again if I use the same PC.

I wouldn't really have a problem with the owner switching PC's, hardware or OS because the PC's are in good condition and running on somewhat still the latest Windows 7 OS.

Thanks again. I will be patiently waiting to hear from you.

What is the key of MQL5 product activation: the PC (VPS) or the IP address of this PC (VPS)?

If I active an EA on a VPS (with a dedicated IP address) and I move the EA on other VPS (with the same IP address, through an IP failover for example), can I continue to trade with this activation product or no?

If in 5 or 7 years the company that rents my VPS decides to change all its VPS, I will lose the activation of my EA. What is the best solution to not lose activation with a vPS?

Reason: