Adding a processor to a VPS without loosing licenses

Hi Everyone,
In order to improve the performance of the VPS that is running some EAs I have bought in MQL5.com, I have changed the type of processor the VPS is using.
Once the machine is rebooted with the new processor, Metatrader is not able to start the EAs again. I had to rollback to the original processor, to make the EAs to work again.
Have anyone of you have had the same issue when upgrading resources to your VPS? If so, how have you dealt with it? I really want to avoid spending licenses with every upgrade.
By the way, I am using a Windows 2019 machine as VPS in a Famous Cloud Provider, and I am trying to upgrade it from t2-micro to t3-micro.
I will really appreciate any help or ideas about it.
Best Regards,
Elkinmar1.

Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

I won't refute the benefits of the Virtual Hosting, but for now, I need to fix (if possible) the issue with my actual VPS.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Best Regards,
Elkinmar1.
  • www.mql5.com
Virtual hosting for MetaTrader 4/5 is the best VPS solution for Forex. It is cheap, it requires no configuration and it features minimum delays to the server. For only $10 per month, you obtain a virtual platform that works around the clock, saves your profit and pays off. Create a remote copy of the application directly from the platform...

In case of MQL5 Market: 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System).

And this is information about MQL5 VPS (from MQL5 Rules) - Products purchased at the Market do not require additional activation for working in the Virtual terminal. The number of a purchased Product's available activations is not decreased.

So, you may lose activation in your computer (or your standard VPS) if you change some hardware for example (but you did not lose activation in case of MQL5 VPS using).

A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
A store of MetaTrader 5 trading robots
  • www.mql5.com
An official showcase of applications for trading from the terminal

The idea is that you set up a VPS and have it run without issues for as long as possible, and not that you are going to swap in and out hardware everyday.

The licencing system does take into account the computer hardware so any changes made to the hardware and the software will consider it a different computer.

There is one way to solve this, you can go to freelance and have your personal project coded and then the developer can supply you with the source code of the project.

Then you can compile and use the resulting application on any computer because it does not make use of the market security layer with the activation's.  

Sergey Golubev:

In case of MQL5 Market: 1 activation = unlimited using on 1 PC (one particular computer - hardware) with one OS (Operating System).

And this is information about MQL5 VPS (from MQL5 Rules) - Products purchased at the Market do not require additional activation for working in the Virtual terminal. The number of a purchased Product's available activations is not decreased.

So, you may lose activation in your computer (or your standard VPS) if you change some hardware for example (but you did not lose activation in case of MQL5 VPS using).

Marco vd Heijden:

The idea is that you set up a VPS and have it run without issues for as long as possible, and not that you are going to swap in and out hardware everyday.

The licencing system does take into account the computer hardware so any changes made to the hardware and the software will consider it a different computer.

There is one way to solve this, you can go to freelance and have your personal project coded and then the developer can supply you with the source code of the project.

Then you can compile and use the resulting application on any computer because it does not make use of the market security layer with the activation's.  

Hi Sergey, Marco,

Thanks a lot for your prompt answers.
In the near future, for sure I will give a try to MQL5 VPS, but for now I will continue using the 2 VPSs I have (one of them is being sponsored by the broker).
I just wanted to be sure if I needed to spend a license if I upgraded the server, and you just have confirmed this.

Best Regards,

Elkinmar1.

Reason: