I want to build a PC to work with MT5, what do you advise and why? - page 6

Intel or 2012+ server board and raid 0 of ssd. Cheap, cheap and practical.

For information, AVX/AVX2 do not give any acceleration in conventional maths, which 99.9% of programs and algorithms do.

They have a very narrow field of application. Although we will soon migrate the server components of MT5 servers to AVX as soon as we make sure all brokers are ready for it.

Renat Fatkhullin:

For information, AVX/AVX2 do not give any acceleration in conventional maths, which 99.9% of programs and algorithms do.

They have a very narrow field of application. Although we will soon migrate the server components of MT5 servers to AVX as soon as we make sure all brokers are ready for it.

Maybe you have some advice on the subject?

What will give the best performance for MT5 ?

What is not worth saving money on ?

Vladimir Pastushak:

Any advice on the subject?

What will give the best performance for the MT 5 ?

What is not worth saving money on ?

For optimisation more cores or a farm on used cheap cores. For a single run, a newer CPU with maximum frequency.

SSD is a must in any case, if you don't want to waste time lifting bases.

From 16gb of memory. The more extensive data you compute, the more memory you have - more will fit into the caches and give a real speedup on complex cases.

If trading with analysis is a job, then there is no need to be extremely economical and try to squeeze the maximum out of the ancient hardware. MT5 calculates many times and orders of magnitude more data for the sake of accuracy.

Economically, it is reasonable to buy 1-2 generations older processors, to increase the memory to 16-32-64 gb and obligatory SSD.

See my last year's thread on buying a second-hand FX-8350, one computer will cost around 10k roubles, it is 2.7 times slower than Ryzen 7 2700X in performance, but it will be cheaper for the same power (if you build 3 computers on FX-8350). Of course, that's if there's a place to put them, otherwise it's better to get Ryzen.

Results of modest research in the thread showed that performance is strongly influenced by motherboard chip, I personally always buy an expensive mother for a new platform, with the expectation of upgrading.

And, again on that topic, it turned out that good correlation of performance with MT5 is revealed byCINEBENCH R15 test, and data on the results of most processors can be found here, there is a price, result and efficiency of money invested.

I will say about memory - yes, if the Expert Advisor is a primitive with a couple of indicators, then the memory is not really required, but when I started to engage in MO, then my memory needs have increased - now it is 2-3 GB per core, and the memory is biting on DDR4 prices - recently I bought DDR3 for 16 GB on ali for 3k.

Which is better, top ryzen or bottom threadripper?

the price tag is almost the same

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Which is better, top ryzen or bottom threadripper?

the price tag is almost the same

It's the same thing ...

AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors

different socket

AM4 desktop and TR4, so figure out what you're going to develop, a mass model or as they call it Hedt

Fast528:

different socket

AM4 desktop and TR4 - think about what you will develop, mass model or as they call it Hedt

will there be an update for rippers in summer?

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

will there be a summer update specifically for rippers?

they say first for the zatripers these, then for raizen, raizen expected in the summer, now will be a conference of AMD in the news saw the other day, there should be details and chips of the new procesors, myself waiting for Zen2, these xeons already sick of, turtles in the single thread +ddr3)

before the release Zen2 makes no sense to buy anything because 2700 and the traderiper 2*** are just updates of 1 model, and here comes the next generation specifically, if only specifically at a bargain price, but on the traderipers what to discount there they built them only ...

Reason: