MetaTrader 5 on Intel Xeon Phi 7250 - 272 cores in one computer - page 5

Serhii Shevchuk:

And he is central. For example:

Wow, cool! And it can also run the same wind?

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Wow, cool! And it can run the same wind?

I don't see why not.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Wow, cool! And it can run the same wind on it?

And in Renat's very first post, where the screenshot shows a running MT5 beta loading all 272 cores, does it run without the windup?

Serhii Shevchuk:
I don't see why not.

I don't get it. The branch title says 272 cores, intel has 68.https://ark.intel.com/products/94035/Intel-Xeon-Phi-Processor-7250-16GB-1_40-GHz-68-core

272/68 == 4

Is that 4 threads in each core?

Looked it up, there's no virtualization. Oh man, how is it going to be used in a server? Just for calculations?

Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor 7250 (16GB, 1.40 GHz, 68 core) Product Specifications
Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processor 7250 (16GB, 1.40 GHz, 68 core) Product Specifications
  • ark.intel.com
Lithography refers to the semiconductor technology used to manufacture an integrated circuit, and is reported in nanometer (nm), indicative of the size of features built on the semiconductor. Recommended Customer Price Recommended Customer Price (RCP) is pricing guidance only for Intel products. Prices are for direct Intel customers, typically...

Aleksandr Volotko:

And in Renat's very first post, where the running beta of MT5 loaded all 272 cores, does it work without the windup?

That's what I don't get. It's just that it used to come as an expansion board, I'm not aware of it now. Judging by the photo, it does come as a central unit.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Here I don't get it.

If you read what has been written here in the thread, it is impossible not to understand. It all makes sense.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't get it. The thread title says 272 cores, intel has 68.https://ark.intel.com/products/94035/Intel-Xeon-Phi-Processor-7250-16GB-1_40-GHz-68-core

272/68 == 4

Looked it up, there's no virtualization. Geez, how is it going to be used in a server? Just for calculations?

Here's the clue:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/process-and-thread-affinity-for-intel-xeon-phi-processors-x200

Process and Thread Affinity for Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processors
Process and Thread Affinity for Intel® Xeon Phi™ Processors
  • software.intel.com
The Intel® MPI Library and OpenMP* runtime libraries can create affinities between processes or threads, and hardware resources. This affinity keeps an MPI process or OpenMP thread from migrating to a different hardware resource, which can have a dramatic effect on the execution speed of a program. Hardware Threading The Intel® Xeon Phi™...

Alexey Volchanskiy:

I don't get it. The thread title says 272 cores, intel has 68.https://ark.intel.com/products/94035/Intel-Xeon-Phi-Processor-7250-16GB-1_40-GHz-68-core

272/68 == 4

Looked it up, there's no virtualization. Geez, how's it going to be used in a server? Just for calculations?

Yes, 4 logical cores per physical core.

Generation x200 without virtualization support, purely for calculations. And the next generation already released supports virtualization and is suitable for hypervisors.

Fast235:

Question for developers, there is a need to buy 1-2 PCs as a server (tester and trading robot), what major technology uses MT5 in the processors, AES AVX1-2, SSE2-4, the choice of processors from Xeon Sandy and Ivy Bridge used from China to the new Ryzen R1700, in Ryzen clear that many cores, new technology??, but overclocked, one R1700 system with 8/16 cores eats more than two Xeon e-3 1230v2 (Ivy Bridge) systems with 4/8 cores

this is where the question arises as to whether one Ryzen R7 1700 with new technologies is better or equal to 2 xeon e-3 1230v2 paired during optimization and in the benchmark

If you need more processing power on the level of a dozen desktops, the most economical option - is to buy a handful of old Xeon/i7 processors for 20-30 dollars on Ebay, the most simple compact motherboards for the same price, a minimum of 4-8 gb of memory and build a farm on his knees.

You can get exceptional power for under $100 per computer.

But this is for enthusiasts who can really load the iron with constant calculations. If on the level of a single all-in-one computer, it's better to get one xeon/ryzen, depending on the budget.

I wanted to buy one last year, but I couldn't find it in the shops
Reason: