Services. Are they up and running yet? - page 6

Ilya Malev:
So, are these scripts not tied to a specific chart, which are called by OnStart once at terminal start and run in a separate thread?

Yes.

And their running state is saved when the terminal is restarted and they are started automatically.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

Yes.

And their running state is saved when the terminal is restarted and they start automatically.

Is it saved when the state changes or when the terminal is closed?

I.e. after crashing the service will be in the same state as it was at the time of crash or in the last state the user set?

Andrey Khatimlianskii:

Is it saved when the state changes or when the terminal is closed?

I.e. after a crash, will the service be in the same state as it was at the time of the crash, or in the last state the user set?

It was set by the user.

If the service was started, it will run forever until the user stops it.

Try it yourself, the functionality has been available for a long time.

Vladimir Pastushak:

Projects are not very user-friendly, there is no way to sort everything into folders. And there is no way to develop code for two platforms at once.

Maybe I don't understand something...

Well hello, you just don't know how to prepare them! It is ideal to write multiplatform programs in MT5 projects, which I have been doing for a long time. Now, I don't even need to copy EA_name.mq5 to EA_name.mq4 in order to compile it into EA_name.ex5 and EA_name.ex4, it is enough to switch the platform in the project file (for example, in mine) \MQL5\Shared Projects\ScalpHunter2\ScalpHunter2.mqproj in the upper left corner of the form. You should only use Shared Projects.

And old projects, like \MQL5\Projects\ScalpHunter\ have to be re-created. But it takes 10 minutes, it's nothing.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

Yes.

And their running state is saved on termala restart and they start automatically.

Let me add a little. Windows has long had such a type of program - services. I understood that services in MT5 follow a similar ideology, just simpler. I wrote services in Windows, everything there is more complicated in development and device.

Renat Fatkhullin:

The services work all the time, communicating with the terminal via a special task queue. We will reveal the tasks later.

Services are not experts or handlers of chart/timer/price events. Event models are not necessary for continuous processes, the point of which is never to interrupt and not to depend on accounts/servers.

We deliberately separate the services functionally away from the experts, so that people don't create Frankenshines. Services have their own area of application.

Renate, I understand there is still work to be done, such as tasks. Then a question. I want to make a service and put heavy calculations in it, e.g. filtering tick data.

How to properly transmit the results of calculations to the Expert Advisor? There are no events yet? I am just beginning to work with services, there are many unknowns.

Alexey Volchanskiy:

Renat, I understand that not everything has been done yet, such as the tasks. Then a question. I want to make a service and put heavy calculations into it, e.g. filtering tick data.

How to correctlytransmit the calculation results to the Expert Advisor? There are no events yet? I am just beginning to work with services, there are many unknowns.

This question interests me too.

How to transmit?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

How to pass it on?

EcentChartCustom+Resource.

fxsaber:

EcentChartCustom+Resource.

What about the other way round?

Stanislav Korotky:

And in the opposite direction?

I don't know why feedback is needed yet. But transferring data via again Resources to the Service is not a problem.

Reason: