The principles of non-syndicator trading systems. - page 4

Martin Cheguevara:

My mistake. :) I meant to write ".... work on it", not on it.

Martin Cheguevara:
Ah I see) what a good topic. How do you calculate the risk of 1% if there are more than one open position? Or you have a 1% limit for each order in the grid?
The higher TP is also interesting... I have to try it on my system... I haven't set it that way yet... maybe it will work even better)

I'm calculating 1% for one trade only. Qty already opened I don't take into account. So if there are more trades than one the risk will be bigger. But in the parameters there is a limit on number of trades opened at the same time. In that picture there was a limit of 4 deals. So the risk is floating from 1% to 4%.

Vitalii Ananev:

I only calculate 1% for one transaction. The number of trades already open is not taken into account. So if there is more trades than one, the risk will be higher. But in the parameters there is a limit for the number of trades opened at the same time. In that picture there was a limit of 4 deals. That is the risk is floating from 1% to 4%.

Yeah...then it can either "start" or drain and you have 4 trades...hmmm...that is up to 4% as you write, if everyone has stops.I see...try splitting already profitable orders, then you don't need to reopen. Orders, and the risks go down
But still the system is out of order... Normal brokers like BCS do not allow opening several orders instead of that one total order is opened at a new price...
You need one order...
How do you calculate 4% max risk? By "eye"? Or is there a calculation mechanism, maybe even an adapted one?

Martin Cheguevara:
Yeah...then it can either "start" or drain and you have 4 trades...hmmm...that is up to 4% as you write, if everyone has stops.I see...try trawling already profitable orders, then you won't need to reopen. Orders, and the risks go down
But still the system is fucked... normal brokers like BCS don't let you open multiple orders instead you open one total potlot at a new price...
You need one order...
How do you calculate 4% max risk? By "eye"? Or is there a calculation mechanism maybe even adapted?

Yes, this is only suitable for hedge accounts in case of netting will not work.

Why by eye? One trade of 1% is strictly calculated. Four trades will be 4%. Stop loss is known in advance, therefore there is nothing difficult to calculate the volume so that the loss would not exceed the specified percentage of the deposit.

If we look at it through the eyes of supporters of Elliott Waves. Then an impulse is the first wave, then the correction, and then the third wave is a continuation of the first one. Therefore, on each impulse a trade is opened hoping to get on the train at the very beginning. And as one successful trade overlaps 3-4 or even more stops, as a result the balance chart is winning.

Using trawl does not allow to get such a result. Unless you enable trall only after profit 4 times the stoploss and move stop to the level of 3 stops in profit.

Vitalii Ananev:

Yes, this is only suitable for hedge accounts in the case of netting will not work.

Why by eye? One trade 1% everything is strictly calculated. Four trades will be 4%. The size of stop is known in advance, so there is nothing difficult to calculate the volume so that the loss would not exceed a given percentage of the deposit.

If we look at it through the eyes of supporters of Elliott Waves. Then an impulse is the first wave, then the correction, and then the third wave is a continuation of the first one. Therefore, on each impulse a trade is opened hoping to get on the train at the very beginning. And as one successful trade overlaps 3-4 or even more stops, as a result the balance chart is winning.

Using trawl does not allow to get such a result. If only you switch on the trawl only after a profit of 4 times the stoploss and move the stop to the level of 3 stoplosses in profit.

I meant trawl after tp of 4 stops. And on the risk side I meant how did you figure out that 4% is the most efficient way to reduce losses and risks and increase profits?

"Why by eye? One transaction 1% all strictly calculated. Four trades would be 4%."
How did you calculate it?
That it would be effective?
Or did you just test it?

Martin Cheguevara:
I meant trawl after TP of 4 stops. And about risks I meant how did you understand that 4% is the most effective way to reduce losses and risks and increase profits?

Oh, I see. You are suggesting to use a virtual TP. When the price reaches it, switch on the trawl. I thought about it. As a result, I moved it to no loss by 3 stops when the price is already far from the entry point.

They usually write in the literature that risk should not exceed 1-2%. And the 4% happened somehow by itself when I tried to optimize my Expert Advisor using the parameter that sets the limitation of opening deals at the same time.

But I still think that my Expert Advisor is incomplete. It doesn't take into account many nuances you usually pay attention to in manual analysis. For example: news background, nearest support/resistance levels, trend on the higher TF, etc.

Martin Cheguevara:
"Why by eye? One transaction 1% all strictly calculated. Four trades would be 4%."
How did you calculate it?
That it would be efficient?
Or did you just test it?
   if (stoploss>0 && PPRisk>0)
   {
       double TicValue = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKVALUE);
       double TicSize  = MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_TICKSIZE);
       double DRisk    = AccountFreeMargin();
       DRisk = AccountFreeMargin()*PPRisk/100;                        
       lot = DRisk/(stoploss*TicValue);
       lot = lot*(TicSize/Point());
       lot = NormalizeDouble(lot,2);                
       if (lot==0) lot=MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MINLOT);       
   }
//stoploss - размер стопа в пунктах. Стоплосс обязательно должен быть больше нуля иначе ошибка деление на ноль 
//PPRisk - размер риска в процентах от депозита
// В переменной lot получаем требуемый объем.
I don't know how effective it is at 1% risk. You can select a different risk in the settings. It's just that in that example (in the picture) I chose that risk.

Vitalii Ananev:
I don't know how effective this is at 1% risk. You can select a different risk in the settings. It's just that in the example (in the picture) I chose this risk.
I understand that the number of points is calculated based on the risk and in parallel the value of the points at a certain lot.

Martin Cheguevara:
This is better)) I understand that the number of points is calculated based on the risk and, in parallel, the value of points at a certain lot.

Not really. Stop points are not calculated based on risk. We know in advance where to place the stoploss. We also know the opening price of the order. We obtain the stop loss size in points (stoploss). We also know the risk size in % of the deposit beforehand (we set it in the settings). Then we get how much it will be in money terms in the deposit currency and based on this we calculate the deal volume. That is the loss size is regulated not by the stoploss size in points but by the deal volume. Thus, it turns out that the size of stoploss is not important. If the transaction outcome is unfavorable for us, we will lose no more than the given size of the risk. For example: 50 points stop with 1 lot volume, 100 points stop with 0.5 lot volume. In both cases monetary loss will be the same. Because of the rounding there may be small inaccuracies +/-, and spread may also affect it if it is not taken into account.

Instead of

DRisk = AccountFreeMargin()*PPRisk/100; 

Simply put

DRisk = 100;//$

In this way we will limit our loss to $100 and we will not care about the stop loss. Of course, if it is not too big. Then the calculated lot may be less than the minimum allowed value.

Reason: