The function of decomposing color into shades. - page 22

Artyom Trishkin:

Petr has given us his idea. Let's see what kind of "Petrophonia" we will get.

Didn't think of that, though. With sound it was easier: higher/lower quote - higher/lower tone, quote above/below controlled level - voice warning.

Whether it is possible and necessary to adapt colour and light or picture to trading is a big question (there are more important things to think about).

Реter Konow:

Okay. The topic was interesting and useful.

Can you point the finger at what it was "useful" about?

I have already offered you three times to show something for which the feature would be useful in the sense of getting a profit from the trade. You started measuring microseconds... Who needs them, these microseconds, if there is no profit? And if there is a benefit - then microseconds will only matter if they are already in the way (thus reducing the benefit).

Dramatise the idea, Peter !

Show an example of how to use this function in a way that will attract people !

Georgiy Merts:

Can you point the finger at what it was 'useful' in ?

George, it's just my niche. It's interesting to me and therefore useful to me. Just like your league is to you.

Maybe someone reading it was also interesting and useful. Someone will take Nikolai's algorithm. Somebody will prefer mine. Free will)).

Good luck!

Nikolai Semko:

In short, Andrei Hatimlansky was right. Pyotr had me fooled for a while.

No one was fooling anyone, Nikolai. It was a fair confrontation (even though there were two of you and Yuri against me), in which I proved only one thing - my algorithm works properly.

You originally contrasted your algorithm with mine in such a way that it is: (1)Faster, (2)Shorter, (3)Better. You think I should have acquiesced? )

I proved point 3 wrong. That said, I thanked you and Yuri for improving my algorithm.

So, everything was fair.

If anyone doesn't know, everything was stolen before us: IncColors there is RGB to HSL and HSL to RGB.

And then there's the function in Peter Style:

color z(color aColor,double aK){

int r=(aColor&0xff);
   int g=((aColor>>8)&0xff);
   int b=((aColor>>16)&0xff);

double mx=MathMax(r,MathMax(g,b))/255.0; 
   double mn=MathMin(r,MathMin(g,b))/255.0;

double tu=1.0-mn;
   double td=mx;

double sv=td/(tu+td); 

int nr,ng,nb;

double k1,k2;

if(aK>sv){
      k1=(aK-sv)/(1.0-sv);
      k2=1.0-k1; 
      k1*=255.0;
      nr=k1+k2*r;
      ng=k1+k2*g;
      nb=k1+k2*b;
   }
   else{
      k1=aK;
      if(sv!=0)k1/=sv;
      nr=k1*r;
      ng=k1*g;
      nb=k1*b;   
   }  

//Print(nr," ",ng," ",nb);

return nr|(ng<<8)|(nb<<16);

}  

The function is fed with a colour and a coefficient from 0 to 1. At 0 the colour goes to black, at 1 it goes to white.

===

By the way, it can be easily refined to cast the colour not to black and white, but to some other colours... would be cool.

Georgiy Merts:

Can you point the finger at what it was "useful" for?

I've already offered you three times to show me something for which this function would be useful in the sense of getting a profit from the trade. You started measuring microseconds... Who needs them, these microseconds, if there is no profit? And if there is profit - then microseconds will only matter if they are already in the way (thereby reducing the profit).

Dramatise the idea, Peter !

Show an example of using this feature in a way that attracts people !

Here, for example, from this area: https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/141. There may be no benefit, but nevertheless, you are sitting at home and the walls are not brick, but plastered and painted or wallpapered... and whatever else is there.

iMAFan
iMAFan
  • www.mql5.com
MAMethod - метод МА; MAPrice - цена МА; PeriodFrom - минимальный период МА; PeriodStep - шаг изменения периода МА; Count - количество МА (максимальное значение 512); Colors - количество цветов...

Реter Konow:

George, it's just my niche. It's interesting to me and therefore a useful subject for me. Just like your league is to you.

There's a significant difference. I didn't see where I could get more profits with these features. With my League, it is possible, because I do not hide the principles of operation of individual systems.

If some kind of indicator, based on this decomposition into colours, and allowing to, say, cut off false inputs - that would be a profit. Or, some kind of dashboard that displayed important trading characteristics in a way that made trading more convenient (and therefore easier) - that would also be a profit.

Even on a forum with photoshop plugins - and there, few people are interested in the plugin code itself - it's always the application of that code that's interesting.

But it's the same mistake as in recent beautiful demo with canvas - except for beauty itself - you can't see any benefit or convenience.

Georgiy Merts:

Or, some kind of panel that displayed important trading characteristics with a colour scheme so that it was more convenient (and therefore easier) to trade - that would also be a profit.

This is the answer to your question. Enhanced visualization capabilities are needed for:

• Expanding the output and presentation of information.
  • Structuring of the displayed data.
  • Expansion of the field of interaction with the programme.
  • Enhancing the advertising effect of the Market programs.

You take a broader look. It's not about the gradient of a particular panel.

The goal, is large-scalefunctionalization of MT programs, through the creation of special tools.

Why? - To more fully implement traders' ideas.

Реter Konow:

The aim isto functionalise MT programmes on a large scale, through the creation of a special toolkit.

Why? - For better implementation of traders' ideas.

Yes, yes, you're right. If it is more convenient to work - then it's considered a direct profit.

But, above - there's an example of an indicator of a set of slides, coloured in gradation colours. And I don't see where such an indicator is more convenient than a "black and white" one. This indicator is usually used to find "trailing bars" - where colour is invisible. Where it is visible, there is no point in this indicator. Purely visual beauty ? But is it worth the slowdown? Not worth it, I'm afraid. The slowdown is justified if these calculations are to be used.

You yourself say "for fuller realization of IDEAS". - so show me at least one such potentially profitable idea where decomposition into shades would either give a direct profit or add usability !

So far - apart from "I'm interested" - there's nothing. And that's not enough. Vaughn, in the TS League - there is a direct indication of where to look for the profit - pound-dollar, channels, breakdown with fixed TP-SL. And people are not very interested. And in your case - there is not even an indirect benefit in the form of convenient use of colour for trading.

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Дальтонизм
Reason: