Not having an accurate backtest on VPS

So i have a vps thru accuhosting and I have been running backtests on the Vps as I don't always have an internet connection. So what I'm noticing is my modeling quality is low as well as my history center only holding about a month worth of data for backtesting on smaller timeframes. I have tried to go into the history center and download more (no luck). I have also changed the max bars in the charts part of options under tools and tried downloading the data again. Still no luck and I can't find any articles to help with this particular problem. PLEASE HELP!

Nita Forex: So i have a vps thru accuhosting and I have been running backtests on the Vps as I don't always have an internet connection. So what I'm noticing is my modeling quality is low as well as my history center only holding about a month worth of data for backtesting on smaller timeframes. I have tried to go into the history center and download more (no luck). I have also changed the max bars in the charts part of options under tools and tried downloading the data again. Still no luck and I can't find any articles to help with this particular problem. PLEASE HELP!
From your text it seems you are talking about MT4. Is this about MT4 or MT5?

Fernando Carreiro #:
From your text it seems you are talking about MT4. Is this about MT4 or MT5?
Talking about MT4

Nita Forex #: Talking about MT4

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

Nita Forex #: Talking about MT4

To get high modelling quality on MT4, you need to use real tick data obtained via 3rd party tools like TickStory or Birt's Tick Data Suite.

If at all possible, consider moving to MT5 for better access to real tick data from the broker, all built into the platform.

Fernando Carreiro #:

To get high modelling quality on MT4, you need to use real tick data obtained via 3rd party tools like TickStory or Birt's Tick Data Suite.

If at all possible, consider moving to MT5 for better access to real tick data from the broker, all built into the platform.

Thank you for your help

William Roeder #:

Why did you post your MT4 question in the MT5 General section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page)?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

why did you take time to respond to this post if you weren't going to assist with the problem rather just telling me I was in the wrong place?

Nita Forex #:
why did you take time to respond to this post if you weren't going to assist with the problem rather just telling me I was in the wrong place?

He does this a lot. Don't take it personally. We all just tune him out now. He's kind of like the Community White Noise Machine that nobody ordered.

Nita Forex #: why did you take time to respond to this post if you weren't going to assist with the problem rather just telling me I was in the wrong place?

So you post in the correct place, stop confusing everyone and wasting their time with answers for the wrong language. How inconsiderate of you.

TheHonestPrussian #:

He does this a lot. Don't take it personally. We all just tune him out now. He's kind of like the Community White Noise Machine that nobody ordered.

thank you for that. I get it now. 
Reason: