Backtesting/Optimization - page 61

Hello,

Thank you leeb for the setting for 5d brokers, I will try to optimize it.

Also, Me, with a 4d Broker, I have always the short on EUR USD at 1.3884 and SL at 1.4001.

But if I understand all, this ea is based on a perceptron, so we need to update setting so many times (each week Georges?). So, at yous mean what settings are important to update?

The magic number have a real importance? because I show that in the code:

void trl(){

total= OrdersTotal(); spread = MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_SPREAD);

for( i = total - 1; i >= 0; i--)

{

OrderSelect(i, SELECT_BY_POS, MODE_TRADES); MN=OrderMagicNumber();

// check for symbol & magic number

if(OrderSymbol() == Symbol() && MN>= 772012000 && MN<=772012199)

{ if (MN==772012055) {sl = slx; tp = tpx*slx; mn= mnx1;}

if (MN==772012155) {sl = sly; tp = tpy*sly; mn= mny1;}

So if I change the MN, that will have an impact on the trade?

Thank you.

EDIT: SL on my last position, -113 pips. No position actually.

The Optimization is made for IBFX 4 digit on a Live account.

So if you use a different broker trades will be different.

This EA has been profitable on a Truly Live account. I trade this EA on ibfx mini accounts 3. If it wasn't for this EA other EA's would have blown my account away. So I stopped using the unprofitable EA's and this is 1 of my top picks.

Magic numbers are set there however do not change them. You have to internally change magic numbers to do multi currency.

If you are interested in doing that I can help.

Can Any coder please Set anti hedging capabilities?

Looks like our previous Optimization is just as good as the current one. I will try another Optimization and see if that's any better.

Update: I will be updating the EA for non-hedging brokers as well. I will make 2 EA's with different Magic numbers as well as 2 different Optimizations. (ex. 1 for long trades and 2nd for short trades). I plan on opening a 2nd account and funding both equally to replicate this EA's amazing risk management hedge trades

Can you post set file of what parameters of this ea you do optimize?

With my current setup metatrader4 b224 from AlpariUK, then backtesting i only get 25% modelling quality.

I tried downloading historic data from alpari, but instead of downloads, there is only instruction to use History center within MT4 to download data... First i set max bars in history and max bars in chart (tools,options,charts to max value) then I did download data from history center for every eurusd timeframe, but still - modelling data remains at 25%...

What to do to boost this to 90 , or even better to 99 %

How thid EA works. Are trehe any manually system ???

funding

greetings george

how much min. needed in ibfx account so account will not be blown away - say i use 0.1 lot mini account at ibfx

usualy how long it takes between opening and closing trade ?

what is the stop loss use ?

also can the .set file be use next month ?

many thanks

On a Mini account w/ $250 equity trading 0.10 lots your max drawdown will be around 14%.

( Absolute drawdown $24.50 Maximal drawdown $42.00 (5.31%) Relative drawdown 14.32% (37.70)

You can see close to 1 trade per day maybe less.

Has a very high win % and usually makes 2 times more profit on a win than on a loss.

It cuts losses short and holds winners very long.

I am very happy with this EA no matter how much I have to Optimize it.

The current Optimization is flawless for this week coming up so nothing to worry about. I Optimize on a weekly basis however the previous weeks optimization is better than the current one. (I can't figure out why)

Have Fun!!!

Enjoy!!!

this ea has so small amount of trades per year.

stace:
this ea has so small amount of trades per year.

Post your Backtest please.

Reason: