MT4 Strategy tester doesn`t display "Use date"

Hello everyone,

I have some issues with Strategy Tester MT4 and really need a hand.

I`ve tried a few solutions but to no avail.

Thank you in advance.

The specific problem I'm encountering is that in the "Settings" tab, the "Use date" section is not displaying, and parameters such as "From" and "To" are unavailable. Consequently, I am unable to set the desired date range for testing my strategy.

While I can select the currency pair, "Symbol," and "Model," I'm unable to choose the timeframe for which I want to test the strategy

Maybe it`s weird, but that`s all...

Any ideas why this is?

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

autumn231215: I have some issues with Strategy Tester MT4 and really need a hand. I`ve tried a few solutions but to no avail. Thank you in advance. The specific problem I'm encountering is that in the "Settings" tab, the "Use date" section is not displaying, and parameters such as "From" and "To" are unavailable. Consequently, I am unable to set the desired date range for testing my strategy. While I can select the currency pair, "Symbol," and "Model," I'm unable to choose the timeframe for which I want to test the strategy. Maybe it`s weird, but that`s all... Any ideas why this is?

Can you please show a screenshot?

Also, if you are using a 3rd party tool, like TickStory or Tick Data Suite, then we cannot help you here on the forum and you will have to discuss the issue with the developer of that tool.

Also, you may need to resize your window both vertically and horizontally.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

After Backtest didnt show any report

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.10.28 14:18

Just resize/expand your Strategy Tester sub-window until the text shows. It is currently too narrow and not showing all the items, so make it bigger:

Before:

After:

Reason: