Floating windows in the next release of MetaTrader 5 - page 8

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

I think the minimum one should do no worse than the competitors have already done, and how to do it better is suggested.

However, the voice of the people is rarely heard, and such suggestions, pointing at competitors can lead to a ban, you know...

A year ago Renat wrote in general that do not teach the business, and now a year has passed and the detached windows have appeared - do not confuse him and do not interfere with people's work!!!

Down with quickie, long live freedom of windows! A monitor for every window! (Armoured, masked, everything:))))

Renat Fatkhullin:

Busy with higher priority tasks of language upgrade and testing speed for now.

Maybe we'll get there later.

Renat, please tell us about the language upgrade. I'm a realist and understand that plans are not implemented instantly, but it would be interesting to hear about long-range strategic plans!

Renat Fatkhullin:

We have implemented floating windows that can be placed on other monitors and outside the main window:

Each window can have its own toolbar for convenience.

From MQL5 it is easy to manage window states and even make completely independent windows with their own controls and panels. You just need to disable the display of a chart and the entire canvas is at the developer's disposal.

This will give an additional impulse to create full-fledged applications inside the terminal.

Not bad!

Now if we could create a separate window for list of positions and history of operations, it would be perfect.

transcendreamer:

Now if I could see the list of positions and history of operations in a separate window, that would be great.

The trading history and open current positions (pending orders) cannot be seen in MT4/5 at the same time.

As well as the Expert Advisor and Journal tabs would not be visible at the same time.

And sometimes you need to compare data from different tabs. So you have to bounce between them...

LogViewer.jar - просмотрщик логов тестирования/оптимизации
LogViewer.jar - просмотрщик логов тестирования/оптимизации
  • www.mql5.com
Написал когда-то давно для себя, выкладываю без исходников, так как мой код на Java далек от совершенства...

fxsaber:

You cannot see the trading history and open current positions (pending orders) in MT4/5 at the same time.

Just like you cannot see the "Expert" and "Journal" tabs at the same time.

And sometimes you need to compare data from several tabs. So you have to bounce between them...

It's bothering to click on tabs, it would be much more convenient to configure the workspace like in other terminals to see everything you need without unnecessary operations

fxsaber:

You cannot see the trading history and open current positions (pending orders) in MT4/5 at the same time.

Just like you cannot see the "Expert" and "Journal" tabs at the same time.

And sometimes you need to compare data from several tabs. So you have to bounce between them...

wrote such a free product ***

The code turned out to be "crap..." and I wrote it only for MT4

I still can't get the interface to work properly.

Vladislav Andruschenko:

wrote such a free product ***

the code turned out to be "crap..." and I only wrote it for mt4

I still can't get to a good interface.

That's all very well, but in this case I don't relate to the possibility of believing that it's enough to give developers a "fishing rod to catch the right fish". Something could possibly be state-of-the-art, but I don't see why it should be required...

For example, I need to see open positions and the Log tab at the same time very often, as do many others. And if I select a position I want to see highlighting of rows/events in the journal relating to this position. Now the analysis is at Notepad level.

Alexey Viktorov:

You can check with these scripts. They're working now.

Code for removing the frames

Code for putting the frames back.

Please update, the new build doesn't work :/

arestarh:
Please update, it's not working on the new build :/

Sorry, can't do it. I don't even know how it worked last time, just by accident. Maybe someone who knows API will do it?

Reason: