Are you ready to meet the black swan? - page 4

There is another way to protect your deposit from any swan and even if your broker goes bankrupt. While staying in the market all the time. But this is a long topic and will probably be controversial for many. It will also work if your trading strategy is very successful: with a doubling probability of -60-70%.
Calculations are needed.
But this strategy gives real 100% protection against the Black Swan. And it's not an advertisement or a bluff.

TheXpert:

Those who say they have seen and understood are simply lying. perhaps even to themselves. a few insiders don't count.

Of course they're lying.

we had a skype group of about 20 people at the time, i remember the panic.

i had no open positions, i was not hurt exactly at that moment, but then rVD yokked and took my deposit

TheXpert:

Those who say they have seen and understood are simply lying. perhaps even to themselves. a few insiders do not count.

I hate to break it to you.

TheXpert:

Those who said they saw and understood are simply lying. Maybe even to themselves.

It was clear to me that it was a scam. Why shouldn't anyone have seen and understood? Or understand. Everyone is who?

Nikolai Semko:

"Ablack swan is ahard-to-predict and rare event that has significant consequences."

Forewarned is forearmed!

What are your thoughts on black swan protection techniques in EAs? And is it realistic to catch the wave?

Actually, "it's ahard-to-predict and rare event" is a common problem that is solved in several ways...

Example: You're driving a car and you're thinking "I'm going to have an accident!!!?" . But to prevent this event there are a bunch of safety nets: driving rules, speed limits, brakes, driving level, reaction... all of which, individually, offer a huge chance of avoiding this event.

To make this kind of safety net (all kinds of them) in your strategy is quite realistic for any average trader. And it's not respectful to make scary things out of the blue...

Serqey Nikitin:

In fact, "it's ahard-to-predict and rare event" is a common problem that is solved in several ways...

Example: You're driving a car and you're thinking "I'm going to have an accident!!!?" . But there are a bunch of safety nets to prevent this event: driving rules, speed limits, brakes, driving level, reaction... all of which, individually, offer a huge chance of avoiding this event.

This is nonsense... You're talking nonsense... You don't have respect for yourself...

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Black Swan is when the rules don't work. If you have started talking about driving, here is a real example of black swan, which happened to my mate in St. Petersburg:

He bought himself a brand new Ford and is standing on the Obvodniy Canal at a red light.

And on the left, a convoy of trucks loaded with concrete slabs turns right towards him.

And the last truck is accelerating on the turn, to be able to catch up with its friends and catch the yellow light. And the centrifugal forces don't cooperate and a concrete slab falls on the roof of my mate's new Ford. Luckily it fell on the back half of the car and he was alone in the car, if somebody had been sitting in the back, there would have been corpses. I got off with a few bruises myself.

In this situation, rules and safeguards are useless.

And I'm not doing any scaremongering. Black Swans happen with enviable frequency - once in several years. What's that got to do with "not respecting yourself"? You're talking nonsense...

Nikolai Semko:

You don't seem to know what you're talking about. Black Swan is when the rules don't work....

You're not making any sense...

You're the one who doesn't understand simple things.

1. Nobody is forcing you to trade when you don't have to!

2. The strategy is yours, not my uncle's. And the terms of the trade are yours.

3. if you don't understand certain points in the market, that's your misfortune... But even in this case, there is ALWAYS a possibility of hedging in the strategy, because "it's when the rules don't work" is an event, though rare, but implied... And the mechanism of this rare event is very simple - a REAL trend reversal, only a little strong. And there are many solutions to this problem...

My safeguards: I always open only one order for 5% of my deposit and immediately place a stop loss, take profit and trailing stop.

Aleksandr Borodavkin:
My precautions: I always open only one order for 5% of my deposit and immediately put a stop loss, take profit and trailing stop.

At that point, no stops were working or triggering. A lot of people didn't. I once managed to manually close one USDCHF position on the losing side and another on the Yen on the profit side, which was 60 dollars more than the loss. I ended up with 60 quid profit. Then RVD took away my $4,000. The protection against this is not to trade, and not to enter money into DC at all.

Artyom Trishkin:

At that point, no stops were working or triggering. A lot of people didn't. I once managed to manually close one USDCHF position on the losing side and another on the Yen on the profit side, which was $60 more than the loss. I ended up with 60 quid profit. Then RVD took away my $4,000. The protection against this is not to trade, and not to enter money into the DC at all.

If it was possible to close a position manually, then you can automatically close the position programmatically. And the fact that the stops did not work, this is a fraud of the brokerage company, and there is only one method - find another office.

Aleksandr Borodavkin:
My safeguards: I always open only one order for 5% of the deposit and immediately place a stop loss, take profit and trailing stop.

It's not wise to put a SL - it's tempting for the broker to play with it.

Reason: