Analysis of test results and optimisation in the MetaTrader 5 strategy tester - page 4

Anatoli Kazharski:
Changing the list of characters to be tested is already considered a change to the environment. But now, unfortunately, it is only possible to specify the characters to be tested via a file or an input parameter.

It would be possible to select the characters to be tested in the tester settings. Then it would "see" that the environment has changed. Consider this option as part of tester development.

//---

P.S . Reported to servicedesk about intermittent disappearance of recent forum posts:

Changing the list of characters being tested only counts as a change when you change the character in the tester settings. It will be considered as a change when the tester has such a list (if there is one)

But as long as you just change expert's settings without changing anything else, how will the tester know that the list has changed?

After all, the characters can be loaded in the middle of the testing process.

A classic example: The Expert Advisor that trades on a currency pair, none of the halves of which coincides with the currency of the deposit. Do you need an explanation for such a simple case?

Slava:

Changing the list of characters to be tested only counts as a change when you change the character in the tester settings. ...

We have symbols that can be loaded in the middle of the testing process.

A classic example: EA that trades on a currency pair, none of the halves of which is the same as the deposit currency. Do you need an explanation for such a simple case?

Explanations are always interesting to read. But it is more important to find an answer to this question:

Slava:

As long as you just change parameters of the Expert Advisor without changing anything else, how will the tester know that the list has changed?

And a possible solution, at least as an option for consideration, is already there:

Slava:

Then it will be considered a change when the tester has such a list (if there is one)

//---

Unfortunately, I don't have more options to try to implement this yet.

Now it turns out that the speed of the Optimise depends on the sequence of passes. If single-character passes go first and then multi-character passes, the execution time will be shorter than for the reverse sequence of Optimisation passes.

fxsaber:
Now it turns out that the speed of the Optimise depends on the sequence of passes. If single-character passes go first and then multi-character passes, the execution time will be less than for the reverse sequence of Optimisation passes.

I'm sure that this case is absolutely not a massive one. Therefore there is no point in solving it.

Anatoli Kazharski:

Unfortunately, I don't have any more options for trying to implement this yet.

But something definitely needs to be done about it.

After all, the tester now appears as a multisymbol tester. Imagine that you need to work with several dozens of characters at a time. You can't do it through an input parameter, and it's an inconvenient solution through a file.

Anatoli Kazharski:

But something has to be done about it.

Option - LifeHack for the trader: one back-test is good, but four is better

With decisions like that, massiveness is definitely out of the question. And the market too.

You have not answered the question.

What do you do with an EA trading on a currency pair, neither half of which is the same as the deposit currency?

In this case, as usual, trading is highly dependent on the input parameters.

Slava:

What to do with an Expert Advisor that trades on a currency pair, neither half of which is the same as the currency of the deposit?

A thousand times they've asked me to make it possible to change the account currency in the Tester, as it was always possible to do in MT4.

And if you answer the question, it's through one place - pulling other symbols. Really, it wasn't really about this situation from the beginning.

Slava:

You have not answered the question.

What do you do with an EA trading on a currency pair, neither half of which is the same as the deposit currency?

That said, as usual, trading is highly dependent on the input parameters.

The same thing that is being done now. Load symbols during testing.

Or, just before the start of the test, determine and add to the list of symbols chosen for the test, if such a list exists.

Alternatively, if at the beginning of the test determined that the symbols that are in the cache are no longer needed, then don't use them in the test.

I can't have a definite answer either way, but only at the level of assumptions and suggestions of options. I don't know in advance which one might be better.

Reason: