MT5 is for programmers, not traders - page 19

ILNUR777:
Why. Write in µl5. It's easy and simple.

I'm not going to learn it. I can do a little at 4 and I'm fine with that.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

you're the Bad Boy.

))) Yes, that's what I meant, those who serve the methaquots are given a jar of jam and a basket of biscuits in return! By the way, I wrote because I remembered an old Soviet cartoon, I faintly remember that film. Thanks for the blurb, I'll go and have some jam!

Vitaly Stepanov:
Reading the forum I come to the conclusion that most of the people here are hardcore programmers. Also it seems to me that MT5 with its programming language was created more for programmers than for traders. And the programmer must use MQL5 to create possibilities for earning, but what should trader apply to freelance trading every time he or she want to check a new nuance of the strategy on the historical data? Besides, I can't find MQL5 courses where I can learn the language. And it is very difficult for a humanist to deal with self-education in this field.
As for the terminals, both are quite suitable for trading. But MT5 has more features, though MT4 has something that MT5 doesn't. For example, possibility to add graphical objects manually during visual testing, for highlighting of levels when testing Expert Advisors, indicators and so on. In MT5 it has to be done programmatically, which is not much harder. As for MQL4 and MQL5, both languages are for programmers, though MQL4 is more for beginners. But MQL5 is not much more difficult and in many respects is similar to MQL4. However, everything is very well done in this language and many functions are optimized in terms of speed. So testing Expert Advisors in MT5 is much more convenient and faster than in MT4. As for training courses, I recommend to start with C++. There are a lot of materials and forums on this language on the Internet. If you want to learn how to use MQL5, you will find a lot of articles and forums on this website. So go ahead. If you want to understand the concept of programming itself, C++ is your best bet. To be able to do anything you want in programs, you will have to learn programming anyway. Or give it up. But then you will have to hire a programmer. Also, MetaTrader MT5 has an Expert Advisor builder. I don't know how much it is suitable to create Expert Advisors, because I don't use it, I prefer to do everything programmatically.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Scripts: All Orders Close & Delete

fxsaber, 2018.01.09 23:04

In this case the target is a close.

A good illustration that a beginner, albeit making a number of mistakes, has achieved (all script orders close) the goal set by doing this on MQL4.

He or she has also decided to share his or her work in a civilized manner. And you can point out errors in the discussion.

Perhaps, this MQL version was chosen for a reason.

Mihail Matkovskij:
As for the terminals, both are quite suitable for trading. But MT5 has more possibilities, although MT4 has something that MT5 doesn't. For example, the possibility to add graphical objects manually during visual testing, for highlighting levels when testing Expert Advisors, indicators, etc. In MT5 it has to be done programmatically, which is not much harder. As for MQL4 and MQL5, both languages are for programmers, though MQL4 is more for beginners. But MQL5 is not much more difficult and in many respects is similar to MQL4. However, everything is very well done in this language and many functions are optimized in terms of speed. So testing Expert Advisors in MT5 is much more convenient and faster than in MT4. As for training courses, I recommend to start with C++. There are a lot of materials and forums on this language on the Internet. If you want to learn how to use MQL5, you will find numerous articles on this site and even an MQL5 forum. So go ahead. If you want to understand the concept of programming itself, C++ is your best bet. To be able to do anything you want in programs, you will have to learn programming anyway. Or give it up. But then you will have to hire a programmer. Also, MetaTrader MT5 has an Expert Advisor builder. I don't know how much it is suitable to create Expert Advisors, because I don't use it, I prefer to do everything programmatically.

Again, for the 100500th time? Straight down the highlighted paragraph by paragraph.

1. How many times can I repeat myself! Languages are the same, APIs are different in some places. Don't you understand the difference between a programming language and an API at all? Then let me give you an example, since your head is foggy. Here you are given a Frenchman and a Frenchwoman. They speak the same language, but you can fuck the French woman and she will give birth to a child. If you are traditionally oriented, you won't go for the Frenchman, conventionally speaking, wrong API ))). If not, he won't give birth. That's the API difference - application program interface.
  2. Advice about C++ is on topic, only there is a lot of difference. But perhaps this is the best way for free at the moment.

Artyom Trishkin:

It has been said many times before on this subject - DO NOT slip SBs to beginners who want to learn the language and understand its intricacies.

N E Y E L L Y. It ruins them as potential members of our community.

But there are some people who find it hard to master. What can you do? I hope you were able to help the person who started parsing these examples? (Rare novice to be honest)

A lot of people learned it in 4. They just took the code and parsed it. They could even intuitively take something ready and rework it for themselves. Even on this forum they advised to study programming right away under real-world conditions, breaking down concrete tasks right away on the example of one's own ideas. Not just rote memorizing everything. And they were successful. What was captivating and captivating, there was no need to write everything from scratch and understanding came in the process. It also saved a lot of time. Now you're saying the sb is an evil for a beginner. At what other evil he will consider all the implementations he is interested in, with the aim of mastering and remaking it for himself. He has no other evil.

Now, to get to the bottom of it, find similar code and redo it, you have to study every piece of this code, although you have to change very little in the essence of the logical actions.

In 4, he could gauge the code and figure out how it worked. Not here it won't. Here you have to deal with a worker and figure out why there are errors here and bugs there, what he needs in general.
Here is beginner's logic. And I don't know how you imagine this logic.

And no one wants to give them an alternative in an approach to studying other than the 4. That leaves the academic approach. And compared to the 4th approach, it is much harder to master, no matter what anyone says. Not impossible, of course, but also not easy as it is usually presented here as reality.

PS. You only know how to call them lazy bums with Egesh brains time and time again. Compare the past community. So the community used to be better in quality, not only in terms of learning, but also in science in general. This has nothing to do with it at all. They weren't interested in dumb mashka crossing either, if you compare them to the newbies. There were some mt study experts from other technical fields there. There were many of them, and the forum seemed to be of a higher quality both in the discussion of topics and in the issues raised. Some of them left on their own, and some were stupidly driven away by forum politics. So don't compare the soft with the warm, even if you can do it easily and it's easier for you. It's not the EGE brains of today's students. This is the level of those "schoolchildren" from the past scientists. And why these scientific figures became less here, in comparison with what it seems that the novice went different with the Unified State Exam brains-question is also interesting.

ILNUR777:
A lot of people learned it in 4. They just took the code and parsed it. They could even intuitively take something ready and rework it for themselves. Even on this forum they advised to study programming right away under real-world conditions, breaking down concrete tasks right away on the example of one's own ideas. And not to cram everything in a row. And they were successful. What was captivating and captivating, there was no need to write everything from scratch and understanding came in the process. It also saved a lot of time. Now you're saying the sb is an evil for a beginner. At what other evil he will consider all the implementations he is interested in, with the aim of mastering and remaking it for himself. He has no other evil.

Now to get to the essence of it, find similar code and remake it, you have to study each piece of this code, though you should change very little in the essence of logical actions.

In 4, he could gauge the code and figure out how it worked. Here it will not work by gut feeling. Here you still have to deal with the working one and understand why there are errors here and bugs there, what he needs in general.
Here is beginner's logic. And I don't know how you imagine this logic.

And no one wants to give them an alternative in an approach to studying other than the 4. That leaves the academic approach. And compared to the 4th approach, it is much harder to master, no matter what anyone says. Not impossible, of course, but also not easy as it is usually presented here as reality.

PS. You only know how to call them lazy bums with Egesh brains time and time again. Compare the past community. So the community used to be better in quality, not only in terms of learning, but also in science in general. This has nothing to do with it at all. They weren't interested in dumb mashka crossing either, if you compare them to the newbies. There were some mt study experts from other technical fields there. There were many of them, and the forum seemed to be of a higher quality both in the discussion of topics and in the issues raised. Some of them left on their own, and some were stupidly driven away by forum politics. So don't compare the soft with the warm, even if you can do it easily and it's easier for you. It's not the EGE brains of today's students. This is the level of those "schoolchildren" from the past scientists. And why there are fewer of these scientists here, compared with what it seems that the newcomer has a different brain from the Unified State Examiner is an interesting question.

The languages are the same.
Using SB is bad for a beginner who wants to learn and master a language.
Using SB is good for a beginner who wants to make a quick tester's little sample and test his or her strategy.

Artyom Trishkin:

The languages are the same.
Using SB is bad for a beginner who wants to learn and master the language.
Using SB is good for a beginner who wants to quickly create a little tester tool and test his strategy.

Your policy is clear to me. You can turn a blind eye to what is written above. But behind my opinion are real examples of people who do not think so, and not out of spite. As well as examples that you have been given here, and not only, the other members of the forum. If they were the same, there would be no such problems.

ILNUR777:
Your policy is clear to me. You can turn a blind eye to what is written above as much as you like. But behind my opinion there are real examples of people who do not think so, and not out of malice. As well as examples that have been given to you here, and not only, by other forum users. If they were the same, there would be no such problems.
All the examples you give are just words about complexity. And not one of you has ever asked a question on the SB reference. Not one. Not one. But a thousand words about complexity have been said. I mean, just whining, sorry.

Artyom Trishkin:
All the examples you give are just words about complexity. And not one of you has ever asked a question on the SB help. Not one. Not one. But a thousand words about complexity have been said. I mean, just whining, sorry.
Don't apologise. Being rude to another point of view seems to have become the norm. You don't want to understand the essence of what is being said.
What's the use of examples? So he will ask about the example in the book. So they will explain to him after some time what and how. It will turn out that if you take literally the words of sameness, it is not. You say a couple of lines more, it is not important. Even at that you will not be right, and you will continue to repeat about sameness.
And still stubbornly do not see the essence of the problem. It's not about a few extra lines for a beginner, or for someone who understands mt4 a little. The things that they may have easily learned on their own, they now have to give examples on the forum to clarify them.
I have already answered in detail above.
Reason: