Why don't I read the articles? - page 6

Rich:

As it happens, I've been on the forum for a long time... MM - rarely understood by anyone (perhaps an omission of the writers - they don't write clearly and simply about the most important thing, MM). Observations - since 2006 on two forums - 4th and 5th.

Oh I don't know... Learning to learn and learning to learn...

Is there a need for an article here? I think not.

The main thing that is required from MM in my understanding - to calculate the PM.

To make 1-3% of deposit before stop with help of calculator.

I do it my way. Single entry into the market = Depo / 20,000. I don't need anything else.

What else can I say. The problem of non-compliance with the MM is greed.

The system itself should be profitable. And it is harder to exit correctly.

Reshetov:
The answer is more universal: everything has worked, works and will work if used in the field for which the tool is intended. But sometimes it is possible to expand the field of application through competent modifications. That is why I do not use standard algorithms of neural networks for a long time, but use their modified counterparts customized for particular tasks.
So, neural networks as they are described in textbooks are not applicable in Forex?

gpwr:
So neural networks as they are described in textbooks are not applicable in forex?

They can be used wherever they are used for their intended purpose. You can use them to try to hammer nails in Forex, or you can use them for trading. Even the first experiments in Rosenblat's laboratory dispelled doubts that neural networks could be universal for pattern recognition. The field of application was very limited. In addition, drawbacks, such as overlearning, were revealed.

I.e. neural networks including those described in the textbooks can be applied in Forex, but it should be understood that this tool is very capricious and is a black box. There are too many unknowns that can be detected only empirically, for example:

1. What kind of neural network?
  2. What kind of architecture?
  3. Which sigmoids to put on the different layers?
  4. What is the learning algorithm?
  5. What to feed the inputs?
  6. How to adequately dissect the input data?
  7. What is the criterion for a network to be "trained"?

And so on and so forth. There is no universal answer to all of the above and some other questions that may arise along the way.

So when someone says that he or she "dabbled" with a neural network and was unable to get anything useful as a result, the opposite would be surprising.

bas:

I read articles. Almost all of them, and almost all of them, because I have a constant hunger for information. Most of them are long overdue for me, some of them I do not understand, and only a few articles contain a grain of useful information. But the value of this information is sometimes so much that it is worth "filtering" through these megatons of text.

Interesting sales pitch. Research on interesting topics - market properties, market models, new methods of analysis.

By the way, if you have set the task to make a truly trading resource, you may sometimes publish translations as articles. In English-speaking space we often encounter interesting topics we do not cover here at all.

Here are some places where you can find articles in Russian:

1. http://q-trading.ru/index.php/articles/money-management.html
  2. http://stocksharp.com/lesson/Articles.aspx
  3. http://www.russian-trader.com/forums/content/
Управление капиталом
  • q-trading.ru
Q-trading - оптимальный манименеджмент - управление капиталом и риском, статьи, материалы, обзоры софта для трейдинга, калькуляторы оптимального портфеля, рычага, размера позиции и др.

Reshetov:

They can be used wherever they are used for their intended purpose. You can use them to try to hammer nails in Forex, or you can use them for trading. Even the first experiments in Rosenblat's laboratory dispelled doubts that neural networks could be universal for pattern recognition. The field of application was very limited. In addition, drawbacks, such as overlearning, were revealed.

I.e. neural networks including those described in the textbooks can be applied in Forex, but it should be understood that this tool is very capricious and is a black box. There are too many unknowns that can be detected only empirically, for example:

1. What kind of neural network?
  2. What kind of architecture?
  3. What sigmoids should we put on different layers?
  4. What is the learning algorithm?
  5. What to feed the inputs?
  6. How to adequately dissect the input data?
  7. What is the criterion for "learning" of the network?

And so on and so forth. There is no universal answer to all of the above and some other questions that may arise along the way.

So when someone says that he "dabbled" with a neural network and could not get anything useful as a result, the opposite would be surprising.

Are you making money on forex with neural networks? If it is not a secret, what is your balance growth per month, in %? That would be a good confirmation of what you say.

gpwr:
Are you making money on forex with neural networks? If it is not a secret, what is your balance growth per month, in %? It would be a good confirmation of your words.

Another accountant in other people's pockets.

For those who are particularly gifted: the interest is in the bank, but on the real market there are drawdowns.

Reshetov:

Another accountant in other people's pockets.

For those who are particularly gifted: the interest is in the bank, but the real can have drawdowns.

A bookkeeper, not a bookkeeper, but your answer directly indicates the applied value of the articles, including yours: one theory. Money is made by writing articles, not by applying their principles in practice. Otherwise you wouldn't be so excited by a simple question.

Reshetov:

Another accountant in other people's pockets revealed.

Yuri, this isn't about you at all. It's about the articles. Why don't they read them? You published an article about neural networks 6 years ago, for example. And now it turns out, six years later, that .........

And with other articles it turns out the same way? Who needs it? To read an article or a book should benefit a person and if there is no benefit, what is the point of reading it? When there is no demand, there will be no supply after some time.

hrenfx:

A few places where Russian-language articles can be found:

Thanks for Stocksharp, but I've had the others bookmarked for a while now :)

gpwr:
Accountant, not accountant, but your answer speaks directly to the applied value of the articles, including yours: one theory. Money is made by writing articles, not by putting their principles into practice. Otherwise you wouldn't get so excited by a simple question.

The ready-made grails are offered in another service called: Market

And the authors of the articles limit themselves to selling ideas on the principle: you want it, you don't like it - pass it by. Guarantee coupons are not attached to articles. Our job is to offer, your right to refuse.

Reason: