From theory to practice - page 817

Alexander_K:

I stayed up all night... I cried softly in the old man's way, gazing into the lights of Moscow at night...

HOW?! How can you lose a profit of 28% in 1 hour?!?

You can go crazy...

Okay. Don't get so upset. Just don't try to win it back.

Alexander_K:

HOW?! How do you blow a 28% profit in 1 hour?!?!

"Elementary, Watson...! " (С)

normal trading without stops with loss taking and no risk taking, nothing new, everyone has found the grail, but apparently the grail is to take a loss ))))

Alexander_K:

I stayed up all night... I cried softly in the old man's way, gazing into the lights of Moscow at night...

You can go crazy...

The grail is new, but the problems are still the same.

You're not reading my advice...

Such dramatic failures, once again, confirm the thesis that the market is NOT a random walk. In a classic random walk such an imbalance in the profit/loss/time ratio is impossible in principle.

Renat Akhtyamov:

the grail is new and the problems are the same

You're not reading my advice...

I read, but what's the use? I need the maths. Defining a trend and its statistical characteristics.

Alexander_K:
Such dramatic failures, once again, confirm the thesis that the market is not a random walk. In a classic random walk such an imbalance of the profit (loss)/time (number of counts) ratio is impossible in principle.

Another argument in favour of smart(!) autotrading...

Alexander_K:

I read, but what's the use? I need mathematics. Defining a trend and its statistical characteristics.

I guess the highlighted meaning

It's called "rose-colored glasses."

If you take them off, you'll get the hang of it.

ps

the peculiarity of forex - the simplest things cannot be understood right away, only after a year or two or five...

Alexander_K:

You can go crazy ...

Actually, it's a normal move so far. Get your stats in. What do you want if there are no stops and no early entries?

Alexander_K:
Such dramatic failures, once again, confirm the thesis that the market is NOT a random walk. In a classical random walk such an imbalance in the proportion of profit (loss)/time (number of counts) is impossible in principle.
I want to respond in your style: I do not understand you, uncle - now you have a whole SB, now you have a whole NOT SB. Are you getting cold feet? Make up your mind))

Dmitriy Skub:
In fact, so far, so good. Get the stats in. What do you want, if the entries are early and there are no stops.

Slightly changed the method of reading the ticks. Let's see. Still, it is in them and the timing of their arrival that the great mystery lies. No one's going to convince me otherwise.

Reason: