It's Friday and it's boring. :(

Good afternoon to all the honest company!

Have you noticed that even Fridays are quite boring lately? I'm very upset!

I remember when Sablik used to be here (even before Neuroba), everything was more fun somehow!

The grass was greener, the trees were higher, the trend was stronger...

I see two reasons for that:

1. My device has not received notifications on new messages for a long time, which prevents me from enjoying the process of attaching mice to martingale. Wildly indignant and stomping my foot! I want it fixed.

2. Maybe there are fewer newbies, but no one asks fundamental philosophical questions for a long time: what period to choose, what colour is the grail, and whether there are trends.

I suggest discussing the latter question. Because it is Friday.

Imho - there are no trends! There are movements of varying strength and intensity. Sometimes big ones. For if we proceed from a more or less classical definition, the trends should be caught on rather large timeframes (because they are caused by fundamental factors), but they are also caught on watches.

Here is another topic for discussion - recently pratrader (http://pratrader.livejournal.com/) formulated: all systems tend to their average PF. I.e. if it suddenly goes up, most likely everything will soon level off (the drawdown will be). And vice versa. Frankly speaking, I thought it was a property of systems based on volatility modeling (the most famous subclass of which - trend-followers, exactly), but it seems to be a general property of all systems in general. Come to think of it, it probably should be. Which leads us to an interesting conclusion, that there is no correlation between successions of trades (i.e. dependence of the "if lucky", then most probably they will continue getting better, or vice versa) in the majority of cases (personally I don't know counter-examples and have never heard of them, although something similar is described for the "Turtle" system by Kovel). The implication of this conclusion, again: there are NO TRENDS, there are MOTIONS. :)

Azzx:

No spoon...© Neo

Powerful directional moves (with or without pullbacks) are commonly called the word TREND. All of yesterday's day went under the banner of the Yen and the Bucks rising in the face of the Aussie and the New Zealander falling. Whoever had it in time, made a profit. Today is a pullback. Forget the weekly trends, there are too many little things in the market like you and me.

P.S. The problem of catching the "trend" on the chart of one currency pair is unsolvable, but if you look at the same currency index or cluster, you will see the direction of the currency movement (not the pair!).

ДревесинаAzzx:

Good afternoon to all the honest company!

Have you noticed that even Fridays are boring lately? It's really frustrating!

I remember when Sabluk used to be here (even before Neuroba), everything was more fun!

The grass was greener, the trees were higher, the trend was stronger...

I see two reasons for that:

1. Somehow the hell for a long time do not get to mail notifications about new messages that interfere with the process of throwing mashki on the martingale. Wildly indignant and stomping my foot! I want it fixed.

..... Last question I suggest we discuss. For it is Friday.

Imho - there are no trends! There are movements, of varying strength and intensity. Sometimes big ones. For if we proceed from a more or less classical definition, trends should be caught on quite large timeframes (for they are conditioned by fundamental factors), but it is caught in exactly the same way on watches.....)

Not really, probably on topic.

Azzx, not to get bored - here are the charts I put below - think of them as "information to think about" your question on the mash-up on the martingale.

Perhaps there is one of the rare expedients involved here:

"seasonal" application of a martin with clear entry-exit dates!

LBSX1 - seasonal chart (20 years) and current movement since early September:

Azzx:

Which leads us to an interesting conclusion, that there is no correlation between sequences of trades (i.e. dependence like if you are lucky, then you are likely to keep getting better, or vice versa) in most cases (I personally do not know and have never heard of counter-examples, although something similar is described for the "Turtle" system by Kovel). The implication of this conclusion, again: there are NO TRENDS, there are MOTIONS. :)

There are.

paukas:
Check.
No.

OnGoing:
No.
Well, that's a matter of opinion.

paukas:
Well, that's a matter of opinion.
Don't tell me, it's a matter of opinion.

paukas:
There is.

No, no, no! :)

And if there is (because the foundations aren't going anywhere), those who only use TA are clearly not trading them.

OnGoing:
Not so, it depends on how you look at it.

A trend is when back and forth, back and forth. The euro is trending lower.

Azzx:

Noooooo! :)

And if there is (for the foundation is going nowhere), those who only use TA are clearly not peddling them.

But the fundamentals aren't.

Rita:

Not really, probably on topic.

LBSX1 - seasonal chart (20 years) and current movement since early September:

Yes quite on topic. A good, good example of seasonality, which is one of the fundamental factors.

But this raises an interesting question - where do you put the stops? I mean, how do you trade this so that you know exactly when it has started and when it has ended? At the end of the day, it's just a good filter for the system and nothing more.

Azzx:

But this raises an interesting question - where do you want to put the stops?

Lieutenant Silence!
Reason: