From theory to practice - page 315

Alexander_K2:

The TF is not mathematically sound. Why M1, M5? Why not M2, M3? And for Erlang flows the maths is known. IT'S ALL KNOWN. Get your pockets ready, I'm telling you - no time to reason.

What's the point?

no test results, no positive equity

So far, all I see is periodic replenishment of another lost deposit.

Alexander_K2:

And for Erlang flows, the maths is known. ALL IS KNOWN.

Technically Erlang flows are not applicable here because the events are unequal - there are different amplitudes of tick events...

Alexander_K2:

The TF is not mathematically sound. Why M1, M5? Why not M2, M3? And for Erlang flows the maths is known. IT'S ALL KNOWN. Get your pockets ready, I'm telling you - no time to reason.

Reasoned. Markets are shaped by the opinions of people, specific people who make specific trading decisions.

Algotrading is certainly present, but big-money robots are mostly used in HFT.

The bottom line is "Markets are shaped by people's opinions" and people look at TFs, TAs, FAs. Hence all these methods are justified.

But no one looks at Erlang flows, and no one is guided in making trading decisions by signals from them.

This does not mean that Erlang flows do not rule, it just means that the TF is justified.

Trading, a system with positive feedback. What people believe in is what they do, and their actions shape the nature of the market.

Levels, Fibonacci, Mascot, a lot of literature, all this does not turn around with one move of the hand. When your TS proves its worth, it will be 20 years before it starts influencing the markets.

Andrei:

Technically Erlang flows are not applicable here because events are unequal - there are different amplitudes of tick events...

And I say applicable. Because I purposely add pseudo-states to BP when there was no real quote at the right moment in time.

Alexander_K2:

And I say applicable. Because I purposely add pseudo-states to BP when there was no real quote at the right time.

The arrival of a quote is one thing, but its content is quite another and it is different.

Therefore generalizing only on the fact of the arrival of the quote is not mathematically applicable.

Nikolay Demko:

Reasoned. Markets are shaped by the opinions of people, specific people who make specific trading decisions.

Algotrading is certainly present, but big money robots are mostly used in HFT.

The bottom line is "Markets are shaped by people's opinions" and people look at TFs, TAs, FAs. Hence all these methods are justified.

But no one looks at Erlang flows, and no one is guided in making trading decisions by signals from them.

This does not mean that Erlang flows do not rule, it just means that the TF is justified.

Trading, a system with positive feedback. What people believe in is what they do, and their actions shape the nature of the market.

Levels, Fibonacci, Mascot, a lot of literature, all this does not turn around with one move of the hand. When your TS proves its worth, it will be 20 years before it starts influencing the markets.

All true. The only thing I disagree about Fibonacci - there are more underlying (fundamental) factors there. IMHO.

Nikolay Demko:

Algotrading is certainly present, but big money robots are mostly used in HFT.

Levels, Fibonacci, Mascot, a lot of literature, all this does not turn around with one move of the hand. When your TS proves its validity, it will take 20 years before it begins to influence the markets.

The forex market is a global market with a very low trader component.

Exporters, importers and banks do not look at the TF, TA and FA.

Andrei:

The arrival of a quote is one thing, but the content of it is something else entirely and it is different.

Therefore, generalizing only on the fact of quotation arrival is formally mathematically inapplicable here.

And it is the content of these streams that I suggest everyone look at. The returns, to be precise.

Nikolay Demko:

This does not mean that Erlang flows do not rule, it just means that the TF is valid.

TFs are justified because they provide information about BP extremes and time. Renko does not take time into account as it is secondary to the amplitude...

Erlang does not consider amplitude at all, only time.

Andrei:

The TFs are justified by the fact that they carry information about BP extremes and time. Renco does not take time into account as it is secondary to the amplitude...

Erlang has no amplitude at all, only time.

Time... Yeah, yeah... And old Gunn was no fool, no fool... He knew a lot about trading and used only time and nothing else.

Reason: