From theory to practice - page 316

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

forex is not shaped by people's opinions, it is a global market with a very low trader component

exporters, importers and banks don't look at TF, TA and FA

"exporters, importers and banks" "are all people who think about how the hell I'm going to send the kids to school tomorrow" (c) The movie "The Family Man".

Nikolay Demko:

"exporters, importers and banks" "are all people who think how the hell I'm going to send my kids to school tomorrow" (c) The Family Man movie.

No, they just exchange currency and fly to rest and stock up :)

Andrei:

The TFs are justified by the fact that they carry information about BP extremes and time. Renco does not take time into account as it is secondary to the amplitude...

At Erlang the amplitude is not considered at all, only time.

TFs are also justified by the fact that they allow synchronizing data of different instruments.

The interrelation of currency pairs has been verified more than once(cluster indicators), moreover, all the majors are considered against one currency.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

No, they just change the currency and fly off to rest and stock up :)

Are you talking about the owners of banks, or about a manager who makes a real decision when filling a client's order for the purchase of, say, $10 million?

Don't forget that in common parlance both are called banker. But one is essentially a cadre man (owner) and the other a trader (manager).

Nikolay Demko:

Are you talking about bank owners, or about the manager who makes the real decision when filling a client's application to buy, say, $10 million?

Don't forget that in common parlance both are called bankers. But one is essentially a cadre (owner) and the other a trader (manager).

If money changes at the bank, no traders take part in it, and if they do, the bank spread is enough for them to make a profit, which simply widen during high volatility, as it was with ruble hikes.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It doesn't matter, everyone has different investment horizons, if the money changes at the bank, no traders take part, and if they do, the bank spread is enough to make a profit, which simply expands with high liquidity, as it was during surges in the ruble

It is not interesting to fight in this direction.

Nikolay Demko:

It's not interesting to fight that way.

well, this is in defence of normal approaches and for rejecting TF :) TF is really something invented and non-existent, and regularities are random

but scale invariance still rules, but for it there are also fractional TFs where "patterns" will be no worse than on standard ones

Nikolay Demko:

Not interested in fighting that way.

You're both right.

each in your own way.

By dropping some of the ticks out of consideration according to a certain law, any "desired" distribution of increments can be obtained.

The approach, of course, is original. Just something questionable - logically. But, I wouldn't say it doesn't work).

G
M

Close

Dmitriy Skub:

By dropping some of the ticks out of consideration according to a certain law, any 'desired' distribution of increments can be obtained.

The approach, of course, is original. Only something questionable - from the point of view of logic. But, I will not say that it does not work.

Exactly. Honestly, I'm sobbing my eyes out at the unconditional realisation of how close we are to the Grail.

Reason: