From theory to practice - page 193

this newcomer could have all this research for four years ...

Alexander_K2:

Can you provide a link to some thread explaining exactly the physical meaning of weights in EMA (or any other moving average, except WMA, where I calculate weights from incremental distribution)? Something, after reading your posts, my doubts about the correctness of my calculations of the average...

PS. I can understand and accept a time stamp of a quote as a weight or number of a quote in the FIFO buffer, but just don't want to set weights as recommended in different articles...

HELP!!!

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/165546#

Here's about one of the meanings of the weights, generating an average lag in the mean from the last known one. About the inconsistency of the MT documentation with the actual way of calculating the EMA in the terminals. https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/165546/page2#comment_3974141 - picture with lag properties of EMA and SMA in relation to linearly increasing rate and about unexpected slowness of EMA in reaction to trend start.

A few clarifications here https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/165546/page3#comment_6329912, including a correction to an unhelpful attempt to calculate the lag in a way suitable only for determining the median weights.

О запаздывании скользящих средних
О запаздывании скользящих средних
  • www.mql5.com
Говорят, что значения EMA "ближе" к последним курсам, чем SMA. Задумался, стал считать...

Do you need indicators and helpers to comfort yourself when you fail?

Evgeniy Kazeikin:
Do you need indicators and assistants to comfort yourself when you fail?

There is no failure and there can be no failure. It can only be a question of the level of profitability. Well, I will open a signal - let people use it.

In fact, I myself am wondering - what am I doing here?

Originally I came here to restore prestige of physics as a science which has been ridiculed here because of some monstrous pseudo-theories, which some pseudo-physicists tried to sell to people here.

Now I see that people are not dumbed down, everyone is thinking and working. Mission accomplished? I think so.

But, man, I have met some strange and intelligent people here. They are just interesting to talk to.

Show must go on!

Alexander_K2:

There is no failure and there can be no failure. It can only be a question of the level of profitability. Well, I will open a signal - let people use it.

In fact, I myself am wondering - what am I doing here?

Originally I came here to restore prestige of physics as a science which has been ridiculed here because of some monstrous pseudo-theories, which some pseudo-physicists tried to sell to people here.

Now I see that people are not dumbed down, everyone is thinking and working. Mission accomplished? I think so.

But, man, I have met some strange and intelligent people here. They are just interesting to talk to.

Show must go on!

Are you saying you switched people?
Or have people changed themselves?
Everyone's thinking is different, and that's great. Some delusional ideas sometimes grow into genius ideas.
And you're just here as I understand it. Like a fake who feeds off information. And analyzes it?

Evgeniy Kazeikin:

Are you saying that you changed people?
Or did people change on their own?
Everyone's mindset is different and that's great. Some delusional ideas sometimes grow into genius ideas.
And you're just here as I understand it. Like a fake who feeds off information. And analyzes it?

People have changed a bit - there is more optimism and more responsibility, I don't know how to say it. You can see that, you just have to look at the situation in retrospect.

At the moment, I am just talking and getting my TC to the point of being commercially viable. It's already ready - it just needs to be framed as a signal. And to those who have really helped me, I will give them the TC for nothing. It is, in fact, not my system - it is the work of many people.

Evgeniy Kazeikin:

Are you saying that you changed people?
Or did people change?
Everyone's mindset is different, and that's great. From some crazy ideas sometimes grows a genius idea.

Information-energy vampire.)) Now these sweetest, smartest and most beautiful people, with whom it is so pleasant to talk to, are leading him straight to an information-energy dead end. And there they will drive a stake through him).

Show must go on!

Alexander_K2:

People have changed a bit - there is more optimism and more responsibility, I don't know how to say it. You can see that, you just have to look at the situation in retrospect.

At the moment, I am just talking and getting my TC to the point of being commercially viable. It's already ready - it just needs to be framed as a signal. And to those who have really helped me, I will give them the TC for nothing. It is, in fact, not my system - it is the work of many people.

I do not like it when it seems to be easy to write, but in fact it is very complicated)))).
You have it exactly like that. I have nothing against it. But I'm speaking as I see it).

And here you're mostly analyzing what's going on, and in the future will be looking for clients)) or rather already looking?)

Evgeniy Kazeikin:

I hate it when they write something simple, but in fact it looks complicated))).
You have it exactly like that. I have nothing against it. But I speak as I see it).

And here you're mostly analyzing what's going on, and in the future will look for clients)) or rather already looking for?)

I still have one last task to complete.

I need the TS to work steadily for 3 months in the form of an open signal for subscribers. After that - to conclude an agreement with a VERY experienced programmer to translate it into MQL and subsequent sales both in Russia and on the international market.

But, this is a topic for a separate thread...

Alexander_K2:

I still have one last task to complete.

I need the TS to work steadily for 3 months in the form of an open signal for subscribers. After that - to conclude an agreement with a VERY experienced programmer to translate it into MQL and subsequent sales both in Russia and on the international market.

But this is a topic for a separate branch...

and all this can be solved through mql5 ?

Reason: