Your opinion wanted - page 7

I turned $10 to $300 in a somewhat guesswork random scalping then blew. Im still trying how to implement such randomness in a ea that aims say to double then stop before it blows. Although scalping isnt my preference some people claim to have made tens of thousands from hundreds but most claim to have been denied withdrawal or other issues. I believe its possible to create something that abides to anti scalping rules by a whisker with an average of say 10 wining trades to 1 loss trade then capitalise on the ten using massive incremental lots. The one in this topic is conservative incremental because i was trying to get it long term. I do believe its possible to hit a quick kill(200%+) in a gain and run system.

tonny:
I turned $10 to $300 in a somewhat guesswork random scalping then blew. Im still trying how to implement such randomness in a ea that aims say to double then stop before it blows. Although scalping isnt my preference some people claim to have made tens of thousands from hundreds but most claim to have been denied withdrawal or other issues. I believe its possible to create something that abides to anti scalping rules by a whisker with an average of say 10 wining trades to 1 loss trade then capitalise on the ten using massive incremental lots. The one in this topic is conservative incremental because i was trying to get it long term. I do believe its possible to hit a quick kill(200%+) in a gain and run system.

Congrats on turning $10 to $300, also EA results should be based on market conditions, an EA could hit a quick 200%, then again the same EA could also wipe out an entire account balance just as quick.

FOREX generally has three market conditions, consolidated ranges, trends without ranges and trends containing ranges. If this is more/less true, if you were to write a scalping EA profiting from ranges (witch I'm almost sure is the case) then the EA would be doing great during consolidated ranges and possibly trends containing ranges but in a "straight up" trend without ranges, the EA will surely fail. So, two questions I ask is, "how do you know the market will range, trend, or both?" AND "how do you know the market will range in an appropriate range size for your EA to profit from?". You'd do great if you could call up a financial institutions rep. and ask what their plans were to move their money in the FX market but for simple guys like me, this information is out of reach so it becomes gambling in my opinion.

Thank you

I don't often visit this forum, when I do it is only to ask inane questions and consequently suffer due ridcule. This thread has made me laugh. I had to offer my 100% effort for comedic value. I tried to get the maximal drawdown into the 99%'s, but couldn't quite do it! 

SymbolEURUSD (Euro vs US Dollar)
Period1 Minute (M1) 2012.11.21 23:00 - 2013.03.18 23:59 (2012.10.29 - 2013.03.19)
ModelEvery tick (the most precise method based on all available least timeframes)
ParametersendTradingHour=17; maxTrades=1; TrailingStop=0; stopLossPoints=10000; takeProfitPoints=150; magicNumber=1; iVolumePeriod=1; lotSize1=1; lotSize2=2; lotSize3=4; iVolumeFact=160; minProfitAtClose=1; pendingPoints1=40; pendingPoints2=41; pendingPoints3=43;

Bars in test113909Ticks modelled3823662Modelling quality24.98%
Mismatched charts errors0    

Initial deposit1000.00    
Total net profit38697.97Gross profit38697.97Gross loss-0.00
Profit factor Expected payoff224.99  
Absolute drawdown717.25Maximal drawdown25053.93 (98.88%)Relative drawdown98.88% (25053.93)

Total trades172Short positions (won %)90 (100.00%)Long positions (won %)82 (100.00%)
 Profit trades (% of total)172 (100.00%)Loss trades (% of total)0 (0.00%)
Largestprofit trade397.52loss trade-0.00
Averageprofit trade224.99loss trade-0.00
Maximumconsecutive wins (profit in money)172 (38697.97)consecutive losses (loss in money)0 (-0.00)
Maximalconsecutive profit (count of wins)38697.97 (172)consecutive loss (count of losses)-0.00 (0)
Averageconsecutive wins172consecutive losses0

Yes scalping is gambling thats why i said it should be treated as make and run.

tonny:
Yes scalping is gambling thats why i said it should be treated as make and run.

I'm glad we both can agree on that.

Thank you

tonnyYes scalping is gambling thats why i said it should be treated as make and run.

WhooDoo22:

I'm glad we both can agree on that.

Thank you

Guys, after all the evidence in this thread you should finally agree that with the kind of strategy tonny presented here "make and run" will in all likelihood mean "make your account empty and run back to your daytime job".

fxjozef:

Guys, after all the evidence in this thread you should finally agree that with the kind of strategy tonny presented here "make and run" will in all likelihood mean "make your account empty and run back to your daytime job".

Some people believe it is possible to win on Roulette by betting black and doubling the stake if there is a loss.  These people will no agree . . .  but they are probably beyond help.

Oh i forgot to mention, in the hit and run system big leverage is your friend \('.')/ when i turned $10 to $300 i was using 1:100 leverage but i believe 1:1000 would be ideal for bigger gains but riskier! But only in the hit and run system and only start with not more than $100. Never use big leverage in long term systems.

Ill work out something then put it on a demo account and give everyone the result report.
Reason: