From theory to practice - page 1277

Alexander_K:

I disagree. There is such an indicator - otherwiseDmitriy Skub would not have kept his modified Hearst method of calculation in the utmost secrecy.

when did he modify it? i must have missed something.

Aлександр Антошкин:

when did he modify it? did i miss anything?

Do I know?! You should ask him and read thishttps://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/314566 thread.

Обсуждение статьи "Оценка индекса фрактальности, показателя Херста и возможность предсказания финансовых временных рядов"
Обсуждение статьи "Оценка индекса фрактальности, показателя Херста и возможность предсказания финансовых временных рядов"
  • www.mql5.com
Опубликована статья Оценка индекса фрактальности, показателя Херста и возможность предсказания финансовых временных рядов: Автор: Roman Korotchenko...

Alexander_K:

I disagree. There is such an indicator - otherwiseDmitriy Skub would not have kept his modified Hearst method of calculation in utmost secrecy.

))) A remarkably ridiculous argument.
History certainly influences the future, but it does not predict it. By analogy with SB, no indicators can determine future price behaviour. Behaviour is determined by current events, not past events. The past can only influence that response.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
))) Amazingly ridiculous argument.
History certainly influences the future, but in no way predicts it. Similar to SB, no indicators can determine future price behaviour. Behaviour is determined by current events, not past events. The past can only influence this reaction.

:))) I agree - the argument is ridiculous, but people have to be believed, don't they?

About my index - not quite sure, but Dmitry is absolutely sure of his.

Alexander_K:

I'm not quite sure about my figure, but Dmitry is absolutely sure about his.

I'm absolutely sure of mine too, but that means absolutely nothing. ))
Imho, trading in the market is not a formula but a philosophy. The formulas can be anything. My formulas will not fit your philosophy and vice versa. Without knowing or fully accepting the philosophy, we just don't know what to do with them.))

Yuriy Asaulenko:

What do you want to say?

Yes, I'm not quite sure about my trend/flat indicator of market conditions yet - that's why I'm taking 3 months of practice, but this time on the real. After the results are published - we'll discuss.

And Dmitry assures me that this coefficient has been working for years and I have no reason not to trust him.

Alexander_K:

And Dmitry assures me that this coefficient has been working for him for years and I have no reason not to trust him.

And I do.)

after an impulse on the news, sometimes the price comes back quickly and sometimes it never does.
so how do you know if it will come back or not. what does it depend on?

the central bank will put it back so that the rate is stable. or not if the rate set after the news benefits the central bank.

and not always the central bank works to stabilize the rate.
sometimes central banks have policies to raise or lower their currency rates. so you still need to know what they have in mind)

I used to have a system that was positive on bikes and zero on sells. The central bank regulated all downward deviations and bailed on all upward deviations.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
I do.)

I've got one too, what did you modify...?

nothing new.

multiplicator:

After an impulse on the news, sometimes the price returns quickly, and sometimes it never does.
How do I know if it will come back or not?

25 again...

Do you even read people's posts or are you talking to yourself?

Here:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

From theory to practice

Yuriy Asaulenko, 2019.06.02 16:04

I'm pretty sure of mine too, but that means absolutely nothing. ))
I think trading on the market is not a formula but a philosophy. The formulas may be of any kind. My formulas won't fit your philosophy, and vice versa. Without fully embracing the philosophy, we just don't know what to do with them.)

There has to be a conceptual understanding of the market at the level of philosophical paradigms.

My concept is that the market is a set of potential pits just defined by periods of market time structure, and the price makes transitions between them at the expense of some additional energy. This energy should be certainly calculated by Hearst or some other system - it makes no difference. But this parameter should be in the TS, full stop.

And having such a concept, you define in tabular form the value of energy, sufficient for such a transition (trend) or not (a flat trend will continue).

Reason: