From theory to practice - page 126

Alexander Sevastyanov:

Then to use these created distortions for their own selfish purposes. For example, the same slippage goes to the advantage of the brokerage company. Also after opening a position the quotes may be shifted against the client.

Little revelation to conspiracy theories)

My robots are executed with pending orders and there is almost no negative slippage. Probably doing something wrong)

And when I worked with markets, slippage was on average 50/50.

bas:

Some revelations to conspiracy theories)

My robots are executing pending orders, there is almost no negative slippage. Probably doing something wrong)

And when I was working with marques, slippage was on average 50/50.

Now pending orders (limits) are also executed as market orders in most brokerage companies. It is called MIT (Market If Touched). I.e., a limiter may be executed at a worse price than the price in the order.

Alexander_K2:

...I need to explain in simple terms - can the ECN account receive knowingly distorted quotes from the brokerage companies and why do they need it? My opinion - they may, and I see it on pure ticks bar charts, that's why I work with exponential time which is an excellent filter itself. But why do brokerage companies need it - I do not understand. What good is it for them? After all, now it is the same to them how I trade - in deficit or plus, they live on commission from trades. Why would they feed me some trash and make me fight them?

I can tell you're a beginner.

Alexander, you have a lot of interesting and maybe even miraculous discoveries waiting for you :-))

I'll tell you one more "discovery".

The quotes of one and the same broker MAY differ from the quotes of Client "B" on thesame instrument. The same instrument means that the trading conditions and Specifications are identical.

Alexander Sevastyanov:

Of course they can. At least filtered quotes. I did not know for nothing I wrote above about execution with 90% negative slippage against me on ECN account, although slippage should be 50/50.

I read these last pages and wonder where you all find such loss-making firms. What a horror. Maybe 15 years ago, but now... I do not know, above cited the example of the contract, which states in black and white the possibility of cancellation of a profitable transaction. They say there is too much profit :). I don't know, they gave an example of an agreement where black and white says that the deal was cancelled due to too much profit. For ten years now, in my memory, it has been customary to interpret all technical failures and other inconsistencies strictly in favour of the client.

I remember losing trades were cancelled because of DC's fault, but profitable ones... Before I remember that brokerage companies liked to brag about that, saying that there was a failure, not a market quote and we let all who were winning leave the transaction and canceled those who were losing. It was an advertising campaign. They say that the market did not work and they cancelled the trades for those who were in deficit.

Slippage on ECN is really 50/50 on average. If in 90 cases they are in deficit - run away from there, this is some kind of bullshit, not ECN. It is definitely not an ECN in fact.

Dennis Kirichenko:

It's obvious that you are a newcomer. Alexander, there are many discoveries waiting for you, and maybe even miraculous ones :-))

Let me give you one more "discovery".

The quotes of one and the same broker MAY differ from the quotes of Client B.

Well, that's what I struggle with - exponential time.

If you remember, Denis, at the very beginning of the topic - how can we give away the program to all suffering people on the forum, if in a day, because of the different quotes flow from different brokerage companies suddenly zeroed out his deposit, for which he had been saving for 10 years? After all, in this case I and he should have different volumes of sampling and he (a trader) due to his feeble mind is unlikely to be able to calculate his personal volume of sampling. He will stab me. The responsibility is great. No, you can't do that. I think that I have defeated this problem exactly by exponential scale of reading time. Now the sampling volumes for currency pairs will be the same for all, maybe with some minor adjustments.

Alexander_K2:

Well, that's what I'm struggling with - exponential time.

If you remember, Denis, at the very beginning of the topic - how can I give the program to all suffering people on this forum, if in a day, because of the different quotes flow from different dealing centers, some trader suddenly will lose his deposit, for which he saved for 10 years? After all, in this case I and he should have different volumes of sampling and he (a trader) due to his feeble mind is unlikely to be able to calculate his personal volume of sampling. He will stab me. The responsibility is great. No, you can't do that. I think that it is the exponential scale of reading time that has solved this problem. Now the sampling volumes for currency pairs will be the same for all, maybe with some minor adjustments.

You're a naive man, or you pretend to be. What responsibility? Did you sign something on a piece of paper? For moral clarity, write a Disclamer at the bottom every time that the trader uses the system at their own risk. It's hilarious to feel sorry for speculators... Pity should be for doctors, teachers, miners...

@Alexander_K2 I remember you saying you would manage the grail before the new year - where can we watch? )

Alexander Sevastyanov:

If the transaction price is the same on both sides, there is no benefit. I didn't check, so there was an assumption of benefit. But then how do you explain the consistently negative slippage?

Perhaps this is a manifestation of the high-frequency traders, receiving information about the trade a little earlier than others, they have time to chew a little off your pie. For you, it manifests itself in a shift in the probability of price slippage to the wrong side.

About systematic slippage against the client.

It is not hard to see them as the interest of a broker who has no (ECN or otherwise) sources of profit other than client losses.

However, this systematicity beats the reputation of a brokerage company and many of them make it invisible, except for one case, praiseworthy for the client. If the client has learned to predict the rate, then in the time it takes for the client's request to open or close a trade to reach the execution phase, the broker will move away from the rate in the direction the client predicted in his order and the slippage will be negative for the client. Without any additional effort on the part of the brokerage company. In arbitrage situations, for example, this happens all the time, as they do not last long and often disappear before the request is fulfilled.

For those who learned to correctly predict the course, the only way to get rid of systematic slippage for the worse is to work with Instant Execution accounts. The requotes will not cause losses, unlike slippage.

Recommended reading (see attached files)

Files:
b42fbr83.zip  4746 kb
dtu3p31.zip  5778 kb
Reason: