From theory to practice - page 1236

Renat Akhtyamov:

Wouldn't it be easier to use the minutes, it's essentially the same discharge?

If you get different results on different DTs, use M5 and so on, until you get the same result.

Where'd you see the discharge??? Are you getting cold or something, Rena?! On OPEN M1, without tick volumes, it doesn't make any difference if it's day or night. And that's VERY important. Do you feel it?

Alexander_K:

Where'd you see the discharge in there? Are you freezing, Rena?! On OPEN M1, excluding tick volumes, it makes no difference whether it's day or night. And that's VERY important. Do you feel it?

what do you mean?

tick volumes included on M1 are known (search the chart settings)

iVolume(Symbol(),Period(),bar)

same as on m5, m15 and ... MN1

so i'm not going to change anything in your formulas

Renat Akhtyamov:

What do you mean?

tick volumes included in M1 are known (search the chart settings)

iVolume(Symbol(),Period(),bar)

exactly the same as in M5, M15 and ... MN1

iVolume(,Period(,bar), so i'm not going to calculate anything from your formulas.

Alright.

But a certain Max has already said a thousand times that there is nothing at M1 and higher. And I absolutely agree with him.

The grail sits in ticks, non-linear time, tick volumes and nowhere else. And I will prove it on real, if demo-state is not enough.

So I can see that everyone has a different view of the market and this leads to a lack of understanding of their interlocutor.

If we communicate calmly, understanding will emerge. Everyone will win.

Uladzimir Izerski:

So I can see that everyone has a different view of the market and this leads to a lack of understanding of their interlocutor.

Everyone won't win, anyway.

If one person deposits 10 quid from the market, the other (or more than one) loses the same amount.

Alexander_K:

That's fine.

Except that a certain Max has said a thousand times that there is nothing on the M1 and above. And I absolutely agree with him.

The grail is in ticks, non-linear time, tick volumes and nowhere else. And I will prove it on real, if demo-state is not enough.

The demo-state is possible for the wife or in a pinch for the mother-in-law. But it is also dangerous. At the end of the month they will make me pay the utility bill from the demo-profit.)

Renat Akhtyamov:

Krosh, let's do it this way - show a picture with volumes of buying/selling and a parallel price chart.

I've seen enough of that myself.

I'll tell you right off the bat - it will be the other way around, relative to the way you write.

There is no data on true volumes. And the fact that the price goes against the crowd - this is because most of the crowd has small lots, and the price movement is set by the minority (banks, hedge funds, business owners). Thus, the price often goes against the crowd (i.e. against the majority).

Renat Akhtyamov:

not everyone is going to win, anyway.

If one person deposits 10 quid from the market, the other person loses the same amount.

It's a complicated formula. I have to digest it))

Uladzimir Izerski:

I just want to say that price alone is not enough.

Simply analysing a numerical series without taking into account non-linear time, time intervals between quotes, etc. will do nothing.

Without everything to do with time, price is just plain SB with zero and negative returns.

Amen.

khorosh:

There is no data on true volumes. And the fact that the price goes against the crowd is because most of the crowd has small lots, and the price movement is set by the minority (banks, hedge funds, business owners). So it turns out that the price often goes against the crowd.

see

https://www.cmegroup.com/market-data/volume-open-interest/fx-volume.html