From theory to practice - page 1191

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Graal ...Graal ...---- ok, the ratio TP/SL>=3 and the number of trades in profit more than 50% is a graal. further. for example in a month there is only 1 real signal where the TP/SL ratio=3. and you know very well that every month you will have such a signal. But, there are some sportsmen here who want the grail to be similar to RPKm (machine-gun Kalashnikov), they want the trades to be frequent and profitable..... All right, the hell with it, let's do it often, but so that the value of one IMPORTANT transaction will not be killed by hundreds of empty transactions. So, make a calculation of how much risk should be in the transaction, so as not to break the grail. 28 currency pairs is a very valid filtering method, but finding the parabolic boundary is just as important. even when you're at the edge of a parabola, it's not certain that this is the important signal.... Don't look hard and fast, look once and a lot.

You're absolutely right.

The fact is that it is impossible to do that.

In the market, the force of action almost always equals the force of counteraction figuratively speaking.

Look at the probability distribution I posted the other day.

You can see very well there.

Even a 3%-5% shift in the probability distribution would be enough to do what you say.

BUT IT IS NOT. EVERYTHING IS PERFECTLY BALANCED. EXCEPT FOR THE FAT TAILS=)

Anatolii Zainchkovskii:
Graal ... Graal ... ---- ok, the ratio TP/SL>=3 and the number of trades in profit more than 50% is a graal. Further. For example, there is only 1 real signal in a month where the TP/SL ratio = 3. And you know very well that every month you will have such a signal. But, there are some sportsmen here who want the grail to be similar to RPKm (machine-gun Kalashnikov), they want the trades to be frequent and profitable..... All right, the hell with it, let's do it often, but so that the value of one IMPORTANT transaction will not be killed by hundreds of empty transactions. So, make a calculation of how much risk should be in the transaction, so as not to break the grail. 28 currency pairs is a very valid filtering method, but finding the parabolic boundary is just as important. even when you're at the edge of a parabola, it's not certain that this is the important signal.... Don't look hard and fast, look once and a lot.

Soros on Soros

By my calculations, I have made about two million trades, making an average of $70 profit on each one. The value of the quadratic deviation of such an average profit figure from a random one is about 700. The probability that such a deviation could have arisen by chance is equal to the probability that parts scattered around a car junkyard will form a McDonald's by themselves.

Martin Cheguevara:

test conducted over the last 4 years from 2015 to April 2019 on EURUSD

especially this one

can't 4 years of trading just be a coincidence...

over 40 can't...

there has not been a return

and if you take funds or bitcoin, it's the finish line

this system will die there and repeatedly, even with a single minimum lot.

Renat Akhtyamov:

over 40 can't...

there was no return

and if you take funds or bitcoin, you're finished.

this system will die there and repeatedly.

why do i need bitcoin? three usd quotes are enough for me with such an interest))

I'm not going to take the whole market... what I have is enough for me

Martin Cheguevara:

Why do I need bitcoin? Three USD quotes are enough for me at this rate))

I'm not going to take the whole market... what I have is enough for me

ok

Run it through history on your favourite currency pair

Renat Akhtyamov:

ok

Run the whole story on your favourite pair

I've raced before and I've actually sent you the results=)

Martin Cheguevara:

I've raced before and I've actually sent you the results=)

i've seen year 8, i haven't seen all of it

the whole thing from 1972 to today

that's an exam, that's an exam

Renat Akhtyamov:

I've seen year 8, I haven't seen all of them.

the whole thing from 1972 to today

what a test, what a test

yeah and where do you get reliable quotes?) they don't even exist from 2000 let alone 1972...

Martin Cheguevara:

yeah and where do you get reliable quotes?) they don't even exist from 2000 let alone 1972...

methinks there is.

by the way the pound is even older, it's just that mt has no history before '72

Renat Akhtyamov:

the metak does.

by the way, the pound is even older, there is just no history in mt less than 72

Some regularities do not last long (half a year, a year, two years/)... it's silly to look for a grail on 10-20 year history, trading style and era are changing...

Reason: