From theory to practice - page 1175

I just watched a video about institutional traders

There are departments in large banks where professional traders speculate on the market.

I wonder if they use the same indicators as ordinary traders.... like charts, stochastics, rsi? ....

or do they have such a track record that it's unattainable for us.....

i was once given a link to the JP morgan bank website with descriptions of their patents.
There are patents for indicators and trading systems. they buy these patents or their traders patent their inventions.
They buy these patents or their traders patent their own developments.)

multiplicator:
just watched a video about institutional traders

there are departments in large banks where professional traders speculate on the market.

I wonder if they use the same indicators as ordinary traders.... like charts, stochastics, rsi? ....

or do they have such a track record that it's unattainable for us.....

i used to get a link to the morgan bank website with their patents.
There are patents for indicators and trading systems. they buy these patents or their traders patent their inventions.
They buy these patents or their traders patent their own developments.)

I was recommended a film called Billions. It's probably my second and third film I've watched.

Watch it, it's got many seasons and a lot of vital time to spend, very interesting.

decided to check again for a large sliding window.

What was my sliding window? 50 minutes? Now I checked for a 500 minute window.

Here are the charts of price difference and average. First for minutes, then for ticks.

Half a month's worth of data.

The difference between the two pictures is significant/insignificant, whether it is worth switching to ticks is up to you to evaluate.

If you have a good reason to switch to ticks, you should judge for yourself.

I have a feeling that using seconds frames the author analyses settings of filteroffs from a brokerage house) they set them up almost the same way, because their goals are similar)) so it turns out there are some regularities, but imho they are artificial from dts..... Well, we are watching)

how temples break down.

it worked perfectly until the beginning of 2016. then it broke.

or is it possible that the broker in mt5 only started to account spreads normally since 2016....

Has anyone encountered such a picture in the tester?

multiplicator:
like the breakdown of the temples.

it was working perfectly until the beginning of 2016. then it broke.

or is it, maybe the broker in mt5 only started to account spreads normally since 2016....

Has anyone encountered such a picture in the tester?

I've experienced it, only about 8 years ago))) I made a reversal ts, from 99 year it was going plus normal, and for the last year and a half the same reversal... Some kind of kotirs left + pips.

vladevgeniy:

I've experienced it, only about 8 years ago))) I made a reversal ts, from 99 year it was going plus normal, and for the last year and a half the same reversal... Some kind of kotirs left + pips

i got the feeling that for the period before 2016 there is no point in testing forex.

brokers started collecting their history in mt5 only from the beginning of 2016.

I'm talking about my own broker, but I don't think it makes sense to test a broker for the period before 2016.

I'm talking about my broker. different brokers connected to mt5 at different times.

and on alpari the same thing.
don't any brokers have a normal history before 2016?
or maybe it really worked like that before 2016).

multiplicator:
and on alpari the same thing.
don't any brokers have a normal history before 2016?
or maybe it really worked like that before 2016).

overfitting is normal.

multiplicator:
And on alpari it's the same thing.
no broker has a good history before 2016?
Or maybe it really worked like that before 2016).

Since about year 16 all brokerage houses have started to widen the overnight spread. Maybe that is the problem.

Reason: