From theory to practice - page 1009

Renat Akhtyamov:

It's all bullshit.

Don't mind me.

I've killed four years on this system, roughly.

;)

It happens.

aleger:

It happens.

The interesting thing is that whenever I bet on the real thing, they always come up with something.

And the weaknesses of the strategy come to light, and they're right on the money.

I'm having fun, I'm getting better at it ;)

The last time a GEP was done in broad daylight, I spent more than half a year thinking how to get out of it.

Renat Akhtyamov:

The interesting thing is that whenever I bet for real, they always come up with something.

And they reveal the weaknesses of the strategy, they're right on the money.

but it's fun for me, I'm getting better at it ;)

The last time a GEP went off in broad daylight, it took me more than half a year to figure out how to get out of it.

:))) Some people find it fun, while others, out of poverty and frustration, lie in a beer puddle in a public lavatory.

Rena, do you even think about the people who suffer? After all, they're eager to see a grail signal from the members of this thread... А?

Alexander_K2:

:))) Some people are amused, while others lie in a puddle of beer at the railway station lavatory out of poverty and frustration.

Rena, do you even think about the suffering people? After all, they' re eager to see a grail signal from the members of this thread... А?

The service will shut it down, there are a lot of deals.

and I don't want to make it public

read my posts over the last 4 years, it's all there

I wrote a lot, but only one strategy among many related ones and its development can be traced in the posts constantly, whatever way you look at it

Renat Akhtyamov:

The interesting thing is that whenever I bet for real, they always come up with something.

And they reveal the weaknesses of the strategy, they're right on the money.

I'm having fun, I'm getting better at it ;)

Last time a GEP was played in broad daylight, I spent more than half a year thinking how to get out of it.
The idea is a good thing, but its beautiful implementation (without excesses) is not any worse!

I'm looking at the starter's signal and it seems the time has come for me to ask for a diploma.

Alexander_K:

Well, I'll give you an example of another open negative trade I've had. But, the essence is the same - always the same.

So:

The SELL entry point of the trade is marked with a circle.

At this point in time everything is fine - asymmetry is positive, autocorrelation coefficient is negative, kurtosis = 16. All indications are that there should be a return to the mean.

But - no way!!! An inexplicable upward movement begins. On the Warlock indicator it is clearly visible and marked with a rectangle. Price crosses back and forth over the resistance line many, many times... The most natural trend is when the price is in the tail of the distribution for a very, very long time.

There are no ratios or parameters that I can use to calculate this movement.

Moreover, this price behaviour does not fit the concept of a "random process". It is clearly a non-random, deterministic movement.

I do not know how to define it.

"But - no way!!! It's an inexplicable upward movement."

I think it's understandable. On the lower chart you have a confidence interval for the increments in the three sigma range, but at the top the price is shaking much more than those three sigmas.

It goes something like this. Feel free to suggest your own versions.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

I'm looking at the top starter's signal and I think it's time for me to ask for a diploma.

"But - no way!!! There's an inexplicable upward movement."

I think it's understandable. On the lower chart you have a confidence interval for the increments in the three sigma range, but at the top the price is shaking much more than those three sigmas.

So it goes like this. Feel free to propose your own versions.

As always, it's 50/50, but that's as far as it goes

Evgeniy Chumakov:

I'm looking at the top starter's signal and I think it's time for me to ask for a diploma.

"But - no way!!! There's an inexplicable upward movement."

I think it's understandable. On the lower chart you have a three sigma confidence interval for the increments, but at the top the price is shaking much more than three sigmas.

So it goes like this. Feel free to propose your own versions.

the screenshot above are "arithmetical" errors that do not disprove the methodology.

There was a "sniff", it knocked down the calculations by N bars :-) Anyway - some averages have been drawn. But they get knocked down if there is an amplitude "noise".

after steep/sharp moves, you need to calm down and drink tea.

No practice or theory for weeks)))))))))))

vladevgeniy:
No practice or theory for weeks)))))))))))

So there was an unpredictable movement and some people drifted away. Now they'll recover and start teaching theories again.

Reason: