From theory to practice - page 1140

Alexander_K:

Why exactly 240 minutes?

Che: "no sliding windows at all" (I don't see how that's possible)

In any case, at each step there is a calculation period and if it's not fixed, it's dynamic. How else could it be?

Uladzimir Izerski:

The price for any instrument at a given time in all TFs is equal.

At a certain point? How do you mean? If I now look at the euro price on D1 and then switch to M1, is it not equal?

Renat Akhtyamov:

yeah

It was hard to do that, very hard.

but .

If one walks the other the way may pass.

;)

It's available to everyone now.

Real quotes are available even from the demo.

Before, the currency quotes on the demo were half an hour late or even from scratch.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

At a certain point? How do you mean? If I now look at the euro price on D1 and then switch to M1 it will not be equal?

Why isn't it equal?

It will always be equal at the time of observation. Even on an annual basis.)

Uladzimir Izerski:

This is now available to all.

Real quotes are available even from the demo.

Before, the currency quotes on the demo were half an hour late or just out of the blue.

Yes Vladimir, you are contradicting yourself

"No one can get far from the average price. You just have to know the average price. And it's not constant. What a pity and sadness((("

My response was exactly to that statement

Evgeniy Chumakov:

There is always a certain period of calculation at every step and if it is not fixed, then it is dynamic. How else could it be?

That's when we talk about choosing a moving time window, it's implied that the market has some kind of periodicity.

240 minutes = 4 hours. This is a period of what?

It seems to me that the nearest trading periods are:

1. a trading session

2. 24 hours (a day)

3. week

Where is the space for window = 4 hours here?

Well, you can trade in 24 hours, no questions asked.

However, the most significant is the period = trading session. And it is "floating", non-linear, with overlaps with each other.

This is where the non-linearity of the dynamic window for calculations comes from.

A conceptually different approach is to work without sliding windows at all. It's a crapshoot... I understand it on increments, but on price?! No, I don't get it...

Alexander_K:

However, the most significant is the period = trading session. And it is "floating", non-linear, with overlaps with each other.

This is where the non-linearity of the dynamic window for calculations comes from.

A conceptually different approach is to work without sliding windows at all. It's a crapshoot... I understand it on increments, but on price?! No, I don't get it...

So if it's floating, it's logically insignificant and inappropriate for calculations...

Renat Akhtyamov:

Yes Vladimir, you are contradicting yourself.

"No one can get far away from the average price. You just need to know the average price. And it is not constant. What a pity and sadness((("

It's like the proverb "If you knew how much you'd pay, you'd live in Sochi" )))).

And who is trying to analyse the market openly?

Shura, Zhenya? They have their hands full.

Does anybody want to send them into a trend?

Everyone here is smarter than everyone else put together.)

Renat Akhtyamov:

"No one can get far away from the average price. You just have to know the average price. And it's not constant. What a pity and sadness((("

my response was exactly to that statement

What's the problem with the average price? What is the problem with defining it at a particular time? I don't think so.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

What is the problem with the average price? What is the problem with defining it at a particular point in time? I don't think so.)

Average is average))))))))))

Reason: