"Miracle", "digital" "group" movement indicator - page 5

neama:

it seems to me that we are coming to https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/125734 funny how history moves.

Then there is the question of whether it is easier to find the dependencies of currency pairs on each other or to calculate true exchange rates from a basket of pairs and then use the true exchange rates to predict the probability of a pair's movement.

In the first case you need weighting coefficients for assembling the basket.

In the second case, there is a reference pair from which we calculate exchange rates.

And you? I'm flattered, of course, but I don't use either for ring work.
I don't understand the practical meaning of "miraculous". Well, let's say you calculate the dependence of one tool on the other(s) and then what? I haven't checked, maybe they don't move simultaneously (so much so that you can play ahead on this). Catching a pair falling out of "line" and playing to bring it "back into place"? ...hmmm... might not be unreasonable, but I find it most interesting to collect "half of the market" with a ring, and then "non-Veteran" pick up the other half. The tendency for anything and everything to be 50/50 has never been cancelled, despite the inherent correlation in ring pairs.

moskitman:
and you? i'm flattered, of course, but i don't use either for ring work.
I don't understand the practical meaning of "miraculous". Well, let's say you calculate the dependence of one tool on the other(s) and then what? I haven't checked, maybe they don't move simultaneously (so much so that you can play ahead on this). Catching a pair falling out of "line" and playing to bring it "back into place"? ...hmmm... might not be unreasonable, but I find it most interesting to collect "half of the market" with a ring, and then "non-Veteran" pick up the other half. The tendency for anything and everything to be 50/50 has never been cancelled, despite the inherent correlation in ring pairs.

I naively thought that the ring is stable because it is a random market. i.e. the ring behavior can be described by the same neuronet and the necessary trends can be detected.

just tearing up the ring. too much excitement - in my opinion, half the ring hangs in the air.

Prival:

The formulas for calculating another pair with majors I know. If you have a strong correlation then nothing will go anywhere.

I personally try to have a full matrix of currencies as well.

Bravo, Sergei!
I totally agree. It's like in the joke:
Border guard: Stop! Who's coming?
Trespasser: Shah, no one's going anywhere...

except for the person who said the word "puppeteering", with all due respect...
the illusion of movement seen on every single instrument is nothing more than an illusion...
make yourself some tea... with sugar... stir it with a spoon and look closely: is there movement? Absolutely! But where is it going??? Nowhere! The glass and the water in it are still there, even though there was "movement"...

I personally tend to think that the word "puppeteering" means something other than what you are outraged about.

Prival:

The formulas for calculating another pair with majors I know. If you have a strong correlation then nothing will go anywhere.

I personally try to have a complete currency matrix as well.

You are contradicting yourself. On the one hand you say you know how to get the crosses from the majors. On the other hand, you don't know enough majors to get crosses.

neama:

Hmm... i naively thought that the ring is stable because it follows a random market. i.e. the ring's behaviour can be detected by the same neural network and the necessary trends can be picked out.

just tearing up the ring. too much excitement - in my opinion, half the ring hangs in the air.

It is only stable because every currency in it has been bought and sold three times - it cannot be more stable... :))

and considerations on how to rip, please, in the appropriate thread...

Zhunko:

Respect! :-)) First post on the forum and quite important and on topic! I can boast that this issue has been resolved for me.

It's imperative to take into account changes in weighting factors. Otherwise these currency indexes are useless. You won't get a prediction of the pair's behaviour.

The formula is not simple. I do not want to distribute it. When you figure it out on your own, don't post it.

Doing my first attempt, take a look in my personal email:)))

Judging by the succinct response, the attempt failed:((((

OlegTs:

Doing my first attempt, have a look in my personal message :)))

Judging by the succinct response, the attempt failed: ((((

Still a success!!!!! You have to admit that the phrase "Awesome!" without comment can be understood in two ways:)))

By the way, this idea occurred to me about 2 years ago, but because then I just touched Forex and mql, I didn't dig much, I guess I should start again, and it seems that mql5 will need a lot of buffers...

Zhunko:
In some cases this is true, of course... But I would never do it that way. Not even in my thoughts :-)

And in what cases is it wrong? You won't do it because you're too lazy to do the math?

You have 168 pairs. Having only 18 majors you can elementary get 18 * (18 + 1) / 2 = 171 pairs, which is already more.

Zhunko:
In purely mathematical terms, this is correct. It's just...

I think it can be compared to some kind of hydraulic unit and its mathematical model

the end positions of the pistons of the original and model will coincide, but there will be differences in the movement due to unaccounted physical processes

and you can make money on those differences by mathematically calculating the end result...

Reason: