From theory to practice - page 864

Alexander_K:

Rena is probably right - you have to trade solely on the trend . That is, on the contrary - enter a trade when the excess is >20...

Then when do you exit it? Ehhhhh.... That's a very, very different story....

That's what I wrote too, that you have to work on the trend. In any system, you must limit losses and not hope to survive. In any system, there are cases where the price can go against you and in such cases you have to stop losses before they become too big.

Of course it is difficult to make a profitable system with short stops. Then at least limit the loss to the level of maximal drawdown, obtained during testing in the last year+20%, as I do. For example: maximum drawdown in testing over the last year = 10%. So we will close the loss at 12%.

Alexander_K:

The day when it is not you who has the Grail, but the Grail who has you:

Farewell, gentlemen! I'm sick of being embarrassed....

Disgraceful is running away from the forum, before a year of calling everyone dumb kids .

One should not be lazy, but think it over and listen to advice.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

It's a shame to run away from the forum and call everyone dumb kids for a year before doing so .

You just have to think it over, take advice.

How is that a shame? It's his own business. Whatever he wants, that's what he does.

I don't think he can take it much longer, he'll be back. It's not his first time.) Where's he going to get out of his rut?)

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Why is that a shame? It's his own business. Whatever he wants, that's what he does.

I don't think he'll last long, he'll be back. It's not his first time.) Where's he going to get out of the rut?)

Yeah, forex doesn't let its victims go that easy. It's as hard to do as quitting a gang.)

Evgeniy Chumakov:

It's a shame to run away from the forum and call everyone dumb kids for a year before doing so .

One should not be lazy and think it over, listen to advice.

A weakling in the jungle is not a survivor.)

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

From Theory to Practice

sibirqk, 2018.12.07 13:18

What a sadist you are! You can see that the demo account will sell out in a couple of weeks, maximum in a month when the steady trends start.

Well here we are, exactly two weeks have passed, the trends have started and the account is drained.

Dmitriy Skub:
The funny thing is that all this could easily have been prevented. Goodbye, uncle!))
A fortnight ago you urged him to switch to real.

sibirqk:
A fortnight ago you urged him to go real.

Then read the rest of what I called for as well. You can even quote me.

To be honest, I am sick and tired of repeating the same thing. The man does not perceive.

Alexander_K:

The day when it is not you who has the Grail, but the Grail who has you:

Farewell, gentlemen! I'm sick of embarrassing myself....

Come on, it's not a minus yet. Settle down a bit and wait for the grail quest to continue
It gets worse, but less often...

No one will ever make money on statistics.

As said above, it has been tried and tested many times.

Reason: