From theory to practice - page 810

2018.12.03 09:41 Sell 0.01 GBPJPY.I

Barely but came out on the plus side, albeit small.

Vladimir:

Vladimir, I think you've already answered this question - but it's impossible to find anything in this thread...

Therefore, please help me with the answer.

At what frequency of ticks reading, on the average for different brokerage companies, is their number the same per day (week, month...)?

I think you said 1 time per 3 seconds... Is it true?

Found it...

You can use this table to calculate everything.

It turns out - on average for all the DCs and currency pairs, 1 tick in 1.39 seconds.

Ahhhh... I'm fighting the trends like a lion today.

I can't catch my breath...

Alexander_K:

Ahhhh... I'm fighting the trends like a lion today.

I can't catch my breath...

(Lions vs. whale?)

Dmitriy Skub:
Aki lion against the whale?)

Sometimes forex is fascinating... People have invented a toy for themselves - you can't tear yourself away.

Dmitriy Skub:

Dimitri, I'm guessing that you work with tics, every single one of them. You cherish and nurture them.

Looking at the table given by Vladimir, can you explain why there is such a huge difference in the number of ticks in different DCs?

Let me explain - why I need it.

I am working with ticks now. If I will give my TS to someone and this person will connect it via my brokerage company, it won't work because of different ticks.

So what is the solution? To the exchange?

Alexander_K:

Dimitri, I'm guessing that you work with tics, every single one of them. You cherish and nurture them.

Looking at the table given by Vladimir, can you explain why there is such a huge difference in the number of ticks in different DCs?

Let me explain - why I need it.

I am working with ticks now. If I will give my TS to someone and this person will connect it via my brokerage company, it won't work because of different ticks.

So what is the solution? To the exchange?

I wrote that what matters is not the number of ticks, but the dynamics of the number of ticks.

Roman Kutemov:
I wrote that the main thing is not the number of ticks, but the dynamics of changes in their number.

Nah, here's where I have a misunderstanding...

Here I am typing in an array of ticks - say 3600, whatever. That is, I work, in fact, with equal (ranged) bars. This is approximately, on average, I have 1 hour.

And for someone else it will be 2 hours, etc. Will the system not work? Or what? Or should we proceed from the principle that stable TS should work in all conditions?

Alexander_K:

Nah, here's where I have a misunderstanding...

Here I am typing in an array of ticks - say, 3600, whatever. That is, I work, in fact, with equal (ranged) bars. This is roughly, on average, I have 1 hour.

And for someone else it will be 2 hours, etc. Will the system not work? Or what? Or should we proceed from the principle that a stable TS should work in all conditions?

How did you find 3600? Find the same way in another DC.
Calculate the number of ticks per hour.
One brokerage company will have one number of quotes per hour, the other one will have a smaller number. But the price will pass the same amount of points in an hour. Just the chart will be more discontinuous in the second case.
Reason: