From theory to practice - page 777

Alexander_K2:

Total disgrace and defeat...

If you had studied _the_ market_ at all, rather than the diffusions drawn to it, you wouldn't be trading anything related to GBP right now.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

you haven't seen the real last one yet :))) there Gunn was crying quietly on the sidelines... more steady on the days, yeah, that's not surprising

Cue the signal, Max! Just the tester reports are no longer interesting.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Unfortunately, I'm short of hands and ideas (people), testers... I even threw the starter libs out into the world, but the response so far has been very sluggish

You can't get a team together here - it's like a verdict, alas...

There's such a motley crowd here, literally like a panopticon, that it's a bit scary...

Unless there are like-minded people in closed forums or chat rooms somewhere.

secret:
If you had studied _the_ market_ at all, rather than the diffusions drawn to it, you would not be trading anything related to GBP right now.

By and large, it's a risk to trade any currency now. Pretty much the same as always. The unpredictability of currency behaviour in the market has increased manifold compared to even 3-4 years ago.
And on the GBP, there will be some skilled traders who will be able to profit from its current volatility. And someone will make good profit on the decline.
Everyone decides for himself on which pairs to trade.

Igor Makanu:

I didn't just start writing about the old dull song "but it used to be...". )))

It's not about Gann's methods and fast-moving markets - it's about information and the information war. There is too much of it and this information produces spikes on charts, like for example in 2011 when there was an explosion at a nuclear power plant in Japan, the Yen dropped to a historical low within a day, then returned to a more acceptable level, that is, a serious hairpin appeared on the chart, but the Yen continued to move.... But if you analyze this hairpin as an important element of the chart analysis or with the Gann methods, probably this hairpin is a random one, and it is just informational noise. Such noises are everywhere, on indices as well as on stocks, currencies move only with such spikes on the news.

Well, yes, but the more liquid the instrument, the less chance to get into trouble. The latter were the franc, when it went down and the pound during the brexit, up to the limit of leverage and close only mode.

Alexander_K2:

Gunn, along with Bachelier, was the first to apply the price~root of time proportion, long before Einstein's famous formula for Brownian motion.

He put some circles and grids around this proportion, added astrology for some significance, and voila!

And I'll keep reading it...

These circles, grids and lines are the geometric analogue of your mathematics, as it is quicker to visualize. Not just "art")) Yours, not in the sense of your personal approach, of course.

Looking at the signal, already a good minus :((((

Well maybe this is a call to stop banging your head against the wall and start trend trading? Well you have to at least try it somehow.

Evgeniy Chumakov:

Watching the signal, already a good minus :(((

Maybe this is an appeal to stop beating your head against the wall and start trend trading? Well, you have to try it somehow.

Ahem... What have I been talking about all morning? The minus, of course - to keep others out of the Variance Gamma Process. As you can see, the excess didn't help matters either...

I'm sitting here reading Gunn, waiting for an insight. It's only a month before the New Year...

Alexander_K2:

Ahem... What have I been talking about all morning? The minus, of course - to keep others out of the Variance Gamma Process. As you can see, the excess didn't help matters either...

I'm sitting here reading Gunn, waiting for an insight. It's only a month till New Year's Eve...

Just don't forget what Gunn ended up doing.

Олег avtomat:

Just don't forget what Gunn ended up doing in an epiphany.

:))) By the way, I'm not quite sure of two things yet:

a) the sum of the increments (Warlock's clue)

b) in your system (something there is such-and-such... equations of motion, fifth-tenth...)

And the fact that you honestly posted the report, spitting on the trolls, does you credit. That's what everyone should be doing, not hiding like cockroaches.

Waiting, hoping...

Don't forget about the signal.

Reason: