Trading on SPb via MT5 - page 7

We should have a metatrader's IPO, nothing is moving)

Yuriy Zaytsev #:
I have not got any broker who is connected to SPb, I have not got an MT5 yet.

Yuri, hello. Tell me if you found a broker who gives NYSE and NASDAQ stock quotes in Metatrader at least in demo mode (I don't need trading here). I would like to normally run the tester on a couple of strategies.
On St. Petersburg through Tinkoff if to choose, many shares have very little history, and the premarket is not necessary, only the OS.

If we are talking about the need for such work, then I'm in favour of it, it's great to have a choice, but tell us what the SPB exchange can offer, what instrument comparable in volatility to the Si or GBPUSD?

Igor Volodin #:

Yuri, hello. Tell me if you found a broker who gives NYSE and NASDAQ stock quotes in Metatrader at least in demo mode (I don't need trading here). I would like to normally run the tester on a couple of strategies.
On SPB through Tinkoff if to choose, many shares have absolutely not enough history, and the premarket is not necessary, only OS.

Hi Igor. Unfortunately I didn't find any at the time of 2019-2020.
Actually... My trading robot is very similar to the market that I built on the tip of my hand with the help of my trading robot. In the end of the noughties, I came across one of Gertschik's web sites, his link and instructions and downloaded some very powerful terminal, it was possible to open both real and demo accounts, so I opened both real and demo accounts with a broker that was directly connected to the NYSE, the broker was from the U.S. The demo seemed to last two months... The procedure for opening an account was quite complicated, but the beauty was that it went through NYSE, when I ran amazed by the number of instruments and the terminal, I could also trade currency ... I had a demo account for two months, but I lost and abandoned it.
I lost those links and that terminal, I don't remember its name, what kind of broker it was.
I don't really remember the name of the broker, but for sure I could load the quotes into csv, and it's clear that in mt5 you can load them into your own symbol.
At one time I read the Brent price directly from some site and loading it into MT5, in the on-line mode I read the ticks, and the chart in MT5 showed the real-time oil quotes.
I would download the history before that. If you want to analyze the market, you'll have to analyze the price of "Brent".

Why are not you happy with free quotes, though not in the form of ticks but at least in 1M? I do not remember the site, but you can find it. I mean the strategy that will catch the strong player(s) bids through the mullion, it will not work in the tester.

Mihail Marchukajtes #:
If we are talking about the need for such work, I'm in favor of it. It's cool to have a choice, but what can the SPX exchange offer, an instrument with the same volatility as the Si or GBPUSD?
Well, let's say the RIG sometimes runs so fast that the GPB seems like a caterpillar compared to the cheetah.
10% a day gpb walks?

Igor Volodin #:

Yuri, hello. ...

I took brent, I think in Finam if I'm not mistaken.
From m1 , I downloaded exactly m1 , the other mt5 tf's could generate themselves.

Aleksey Vyazmikin #:

There is just a myth about the stock market that you need a lot of capital to make money compared to Forex. But it's just a misconception, ...

Yes, I was, I also thought that you can't make as much money on the stock market as you "allegedly" can on Forex.
Until I found guys who make more than 1000% and even more than 2000% percents per annum on the stock market.
And some accounts are several years old.

But it's usually intraday trading, they usually go to the cash in the evening. For the last 30 days they have usually in the range of 2 thousand - 5 - 6 thousand trades.

They usually take only a minimum, sometimes just a fraction of a percent, to justify the commission and take a minimum profit, there may be dozens of entries on one instrument a day.

I watched an interview with a guy like that on YouTube and he has paid the broker the price of an expensive foreign car on the commission.
They don't use robots of any kind, only their hands.

Usually they are young guys in their 20s. I think they are no older than 30, but beyond that they tend to have a different psychology and more time is spent on other activities and weariness accumulates. And the nerves from such intraday will get restless with time and their eyes will get tired.

This account is 4 years old
Files:
Reason: