A bit of maths :) - page 3

Igor Knyazkov:

Hello, I would like to scalp but I ran into the following problem:
For zero spread the commission is $20 per 1 lot... With a deposit of $100 and the volume of 2.81 lots, for +20 pips you can earn +5% to the deposit... That makes $105. BUT the commission will be 2.81 * 20 = $56.2!!! 105-56.2=48.8$!!!
Or scalping with such trading conditions impossible, or I calculated something wrong? And how do other pip traders scalp? Or are zero spread accounts not for scalping?

Initially you are not counting the profit correctly, 1 point (in five digits - 10) costs 10 quid at lot 1, respectively 2.81*10=28.1 per 1 point at this trade volume. So 2 pips would be 56.2 quid.

I would not try to pips at 2 points with such commission. My brokerage company has low spread for EUR/USD 0.2-0.4 and commission $ 6 or $ 7 for 1 lot (I do not remember anymore) that in total gives profit 2 times exceeding commission and spread for 2 pips. Personally, I pips at the Russian exchange on Sichka (futures on ruble/dollar), the instrument is highly volatile and 10-15 pips are taken or given very quickly, for 1 contract - it's 10-15 rubles minus commission. Then it depends on your capabilities.

Have demo accounts been abolished or what?

Олег avtomat:

It's insignificant. A little more, a little less... The spread is staggering. And I'm talking about the order of magnitude. (i.e. 26, not 260).

However, I will add what I meant, but didn't say: with commission of $20 per lot (and not per mln. turnover) it will be a significant cost, taking into account that there is a spread. Especially when spread on GBPAUD pair is not in its minimum size.

P./S.: Also - if you know an office where the commission is $20 per lot, please check if this commission is not taken twice (first time at opening, the second - at closing).

P./S.: Take, for example, the same pair EURJPY. There is no sense, imho, to trade it with high commission, when there is a possibility to minimize the overhead.

Dina Paches:

However, I will add what I meant, but didn't say: with a commission of $20 per lot (and not per million turnover) it will be a significant cost, if you consider that there is also a spread. Especially when spread on GBPAUD pair is not in its minimum size.

P./S.: Also - if you know an office where the commission is $20 per lot, please check if this commission is not taken twice (first time at opening, the second - at closing).

P./S.: Take, for example, the same pair EURJPY. It makes no sense, imho, to trade on it with high commission, when there is a possibility to minimize overhead costs.

For example, here the commission is charged only at position opening

And if it's double, it's a natural rip-off.

Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
Совершение сделок - Торговые операции - Справка по MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Торговая деятельность в платформе связана с формированием и отсылкой рыночных и отложенных ордеров для исполнения брокером, а также с управлением...

Dina Paches:

P./S.: Take EURJPY, for example. There is no sense, imho, to trade it with high commission, when there is a possibility to minimize overhead costs.

It makes a lot of sense to trade EURJPY - it is a great pair.

Олег avtomat:

For example, here the commission is charged only when a position is opened

and if you do it twice, it's robbery.

Did you find the dumbest broker with the biggest commission or what? The roundtrip per 1lot is $3-4, considering the low spread, up to 1 p. on eurobucks, for example. If you don't know the slippage, you get a slippage of the notorious commission + spread, it's a tale for the kitchen :) In the news they open a deal with slippage throughout the news, yes, I'm not kidding they may open a few minutes after the order is sent :) You've already forgotten about the trade and bang it opens.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Have you found the moronic broker with the biggest commission? The $3-4 roundtrip per 1lot are normal conditions, taking into account the low spread, up to 1 p. on eurobucks, for example. If you don't know the slippage, you get a slippage of the notorious commission + spread, it's a tale for the kitchen :) In the news they open a deal with slippage throughout the news, yes, I'm not kidding they may open a few minutes after the order is sent :) You've already forgotten about the trade and bang it opens.

Um... but that's not what we were originally talking about... Like, "I hear a bell, but I don't know where it is.

But you're saying it's okay

a $20 a lot commission is okay, but...

and$10 a lot is "the highest commission." Is that...

Well, come on...

If you want less, see Tickmill, for example, it's less.

I'm not interested in the subject of this argument, as I'm not running a race for every pip.

zy

about the "stupidity" of a broker (this or that) --- the cure for such statements - a mirror (if you're not a moron)

Олег avtomat:

hmm... but that's not what we were originally talking about... Like, "I hear a bell, but I don't know where it is.

But you're saying it's okay

a $20 a lot commission is okay, but...

and$10 a lot is "the highest commission." Is that...

Well, come on...

If you want less, see Tickmill, for example, it's less.

I'm not interested in the subject of this argument, as I'm not running a race for every pip.

Nene, I'm just talking about your screenshot -- that it's a bad example of trading conditions, very bad. Tickmills have been bad for more than half a year now.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Nene, I'm just talking about your screenshot - that it's a bad example of trading conditions, very bad. Tickmills have been screwed up for more than half a year now.

you can't please... --- everything is bad... all over the place... how to go on living...

;)))

Олег avtomat:

s.

As for the "stupidity" of a broker (this or that) --- the cure for such statements - a mirror (if you are not an idiot)

Ah, now I see that I`m communicating with a totally ignorant in trading, bye-bye :) The medicine and sobering for you will be the constant losses, which are half caused by trading conditions.

Reason: