Structure and composition of FOREX market participants - page 3

geratdc:

It's better when you know that the quote flew by the ping because of the load inside the server of the same bank or honest broker than when a forex dealer or "kitchen" DD broker puts his version of the quote against you. Sergei, I can only be offended by people I respect. You have nothing to apologize for, believe me. And of course I'm a newcomer and maybe you have led an experienced player into emotions.

My last post in this thread:

All roads in forex lead to banks, no matter how you look at it.

Why do you need brokers, HDD, ECN? Trade through a bank, right? ..... But no, we make a fool of ourselves and continue our demagoguery, or performance))) . And then it turns out that there is a broker about........ ECN/NDD, which you will unambiguously hint at :)

Vitaly Muzichenko:
Which quote has flown? Open at least an hourly chart and nothing will fly.

There were so-called requotes, when the confirmation of the changed price came. I will not say which currency pair it was. Maybe it was a slippage, i.e. there was a sharp jump in quote, so the program worked that way, anyway, I always thought about it, but it turns out that someone there can control what quote they offer me - so how can we talk about trading with this kind of trading organization if the quote is not market-based ...

Server Muradasilov:

My last post in this thread :

All roads in forex lead to banks, no matter how you look at it.

Why do you need brokers, HDD, ECN, trade through a bank? Right ..... But no, we make a fool of ourselves and continue with this demagoguery. And then we will find out that there is a broker about........ ECN/NDD, which you will surely hint at :)

I'm really a fool at this. An economist is not a financier. I work with economic subjects - legal entities and individuals. Finance is another world, another profession. I beg you to be lenient. Everyone was once 'young and green'))

OK thanks for the information everyone. But if there is a good tutorial on the title of the theme, give me a link please. A lot of things are not clear.

geratdc:

I'm really stupid at this. An economist is not a financier. I work with the subjects of the economy - legal entities and individuals. And finance is another world, another profession. I beg you to be lenient. Everyone was once 'young and green'))

OK thanks for the information everyone. But if there is a good primer on the subject title, please give me a link. There's a lot of confusion.

I gave you a path to YouTube. Or are you ignoring my posts?

geratdc:

That is why it is not clear - there are too many participants who all call themselves differently and it is not clear where their feet grow from. I think there is still a structure of participants, I am interested in their hierarchy in obtaining quotes and the role of participants - what they are needed for, how they obtain their status and how their status should be confirmed. So, a company says 'I am a broker' - we are registered offshore. And hello. And what stock exchange you broker and where is the site of this exchange to be able to make a request if such a broker registered offshore there that is certified by your exchange? That's me for example.

All in all, it's not clear who is who. We need to get to the bottom of this.

Do not confuse the brokers who give access to exchange trading and Forex brokers who allow you to trade only on the Forex market. Once again, the forex market does not have a single centre. Forex brokers may have multiple sources where they take quotations (call them liquidity providers) These very providers may be anyone though the exchange though the bank though the same very large forex broker with a large number of clients and large trading volumes, as a rule forex brokers do not disclose this information and keep information about their liquidity providers in secret. From these multiple liquidity providers broker takes the best quotations filtering out the rest according to some criteria, one of the criteria is low spread. After that, these same filtered quotes, which will be added to the spread of the supplier and this spread will be broadcast for the clients of the broker. For example, vendor spread is 1 pip, forex broker adds another 1 pip and client will receive a quote with 2 pip spread.

When Asian banks close and Europe wakes up, quotations come from Europe, then America wakes up and quotations come from American banks.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I gave you the way to YouTube. Or are you ignoring my posts?

There's just a lot of videos out there, so I bookmarked them. It's also not clear who broadcasts these videos, why should I trust them?

Vitalii Ananev:

Do not confuse brokers that give you access to exchange trading and forex brokers that only give you access to forex trading. Once again, the forex market does not have a single centre. Forex brokers may have multiple sources where they take quotations (call them liquidity providers) These very providers may be anyone though the exchange though the bank though the same very large forex broker with a large number of clients and large trading volumes, as a rule forex brokers do not disclose this information and keep information about their liquidity providers in secret. From these multiple liquidity providers forex broker takes the best, as they believe the quotes filtering out the rest according to some criteria, one of the criteria is a low spread. After that, these same filtered quotes, which will be added to the spread of the supplier and this spread will be broadcast for the clients of the broker. For example, spread of the provider is 1 pip, forex broker adds another 1 pip and a client will receive a quote with 2 pips spread.

When Asian banks close and Europe wakes up, quotes from Europe, then America wakes up and quotes from American banks come.

Thanks for the clarifications. That's what bothers me - it is unclear who takes quotes from where. For example, I want to see a quotes in the terminal that they coincide with quotes from a provider working at an exchange so I can compare how different they are - the hell with the spread, we agree to pay the commission too but the information should be open and if it is closed - let such a broker go hell. The OTC-market, but my quotation provider in my platform should tell me who his suppliers are and on which exchanges + time of switching from one supplier on a closed exchange to the other one on the opening exchange. I think you would also like to know this to be able to check if we are trading according to market quotes or if the broker is "better", I don't need better quotes, I need real ones, that's what I'm saying.

geratdc:

There's just a lot of videos out there, so I bookmarked them. And it's not clear who broadcasts these videos, why should I trust them?

Because everything said can be compared to the market and you can see that it works. If you just look at the market, you won't see it without someone's guidance.

geratdc:

Thanks for the clarification. That's what's so annoying - it's not clear who's getting quotes from where. And I like to see a quote in the terminal that they coincide with a vendor's quotes that work on an exchange so I can compare how different they are - the hell with the spread, we agree to pay the commission too but the information must be open and if it is closed - let this broker go to hell. The OTC-market, but my quotation provider in my platform should tell me who his suppliers are and on which exchanges + time of switching from one supplier on a closed exchange to the other one on the opening exchange. I think you would also like to know this to be able to check if we are trading according to market quotes or if the broker is "better", I don't need better quotes, I need real ones, that's what I'm saying.

We trade on terminal quotes, and that is quite (!) enough. Most people don't care where the quotes come from, the important thing is that they are there, and they are, so trade. If we compare quotes from 100 different brokerage companies, there will be almost no difference, and this "almost" will not affect the quality of trading.

When you buy a cake in the shop, you are not interested in the name of the confectioner who worked on that shift, are you?

geratdc:

Thanks for the clarification. That's what bothers me - it is unclear who gets quotes from where. For example, I want to see a quote in the terminal that they coincide with a quote from a provider working at an exchange to compare how different they are - the hell with the spread, we agree to pay the commission, but the information should be open and if it is closed - let such a broker go hell. The OTC-market, but my quotation provider in my platform should tell me who his suppliers are and on which exchanges + time of switching from one supplier on a closed exchange to the other one on the opening exchange. I think that you also need to know this to be able to check if we are trading at market quotes or if the broker selects the "best" ones.

About the time of the switch from one exchange to another you can find in any search engine on the request"trading sessions Forex" or "schedule of trading sessions Forex". As for the difference in quotes, Vitaly answered above. Indeed, this difference is not very big and should not be taken into account. It has no significant effect on the trading results.

In general, such questions are very well explained in the basic courses of the most popular forex brokers, usually they are free of charge.

Reason: