Writing code in Russian. Pros and cons of such a programme. - page 15

Реter Konow:
Don't provoke. We are discussing a different topic here.
Do you need all variables in Russian in MQL or in all programming languages? You can once select them in the form of functions or libraries and subsequently refer to them by any name you like. But what for? You only need to remember about 50 technical words and forget about differences between languages.

Vladimir Zubov:
Do you need all variables in Russian in MQL or in all programming languages? They may be defined as functions or libraries and you can refer to them later by any name you like. But what for? You just need to remember about 50 technical words and forget about differences between languages.

I'm not quite sure what you mean... I'm not talking about Russian translation of if, else, for, etc... or names of standard functions... I mean the use of Russian terminology in the names of user-defined functions and variables. There can be much more than 50 such variables. It all depends on the size of the program. Some programs may contain hundreds of functions. There can be as many variables as you want... If they are written in Russian, there's less chance that you can get confused with them.

This approach helps simplify understanding of your own program, especially if it is very large.

Реter Konow:
I'm not quite sure what you mean... I'm not talking about Russian translation of if, else, for, etc... or names of standard functions... I mean the use of Russian terminology in the names of user-defined functions and variables. There can be much more than 50 such variables. It all depends on the size of the program. Some programs may contain hundreds of functions. There can be as many variables as you want... If they are written in Russian there's less chance that you can get confused with them.
I looked through Ziborov's book "C# VS programming in examples". The author agitated for using the Russian language in the names of variables and user-defined functions. They say the computer does not care, but you will understand it better. But if you publish the source code, or work to order, only English is acceptable.

Alexey Viktorov:

I do not understand why you are all trying to change Peter's mind? If he likes it that way, let him do it that way. Objections like "no one does it this way" are not convincing at all. If everyone did it, progress would stand still. There is always something new that someone does not do as others do... IMHO.

Peter, create a poll on who is interested in the article, but not with two options. Personally for me make an item "Interesting, but will not use. Everything will fall into place. If there are a lot of people who want to read it, I think the admins won't object to publishing the article.

The worst thing that can happen is if someone asks you to edit something in that code. That's where it starts. Variables in Cyrillic are simply disrespectful to the native language, and editing such code is outrageous.

I can imagine what kind of code would be written by a Ukrainian in his own language, and then it will be further edited by a Chinese and commented on in his own language.)

Yuri Evseenkov:
I was looking through Ziborov's book "Programming C# VS in Examples". The author agitated for the use of Russian in the name of variables and user functions. The computer may not care, but you will understand it better. But if you publish the source code, or work to order, then only English.
I did not even know there are people who support this approach among those who write books on programming. It's nice and pleasant. )) I agree too that open source must be in English. But if it is distributed in Russian-speaking area, then why not in Russian?

Реter Konow:

I'm not quite sure what you mean... I'm not talking about Russian translation of if, else, for, etc... or names of standard functions... I mean the use of Russian terminology in the names of user-defined functions and variables. There can be much more than 50 such variables. It all depends on the size of the program. Some programs may contain hundreds of functions. There can be as many variables as you want... If they are written in Russian there's less chance that you get confused with them.

This approach helps simplify understanding your own program, especially if it is very large.

So it bothers you that variables can't be written in russian and it's highlighted that they're not in latin ?

Vitaly Muzichenko:

The worst thing that can happen is if someone asks you to edit something in that code. That's where it starts. Variables in Cyrillic are simply disrespectful to the native language, and editing such code is outrageous.

I can imagine what kind of code would be written by a Ukrainian in his own language, and then it will be further edited by a Chinese and commented on in his own language.)

You are exaggerating a bit)) Of course the code must be in English if it is to be viewed by programmers who speak other languages. By the way, about disrespect for the native language, English speakers do not have this complex. They write programs in their native language and do not bother).

Vladimir Zubov:

So it bothers you that variables cannot be written in Russian and it is highlighted that they are not in Latin characters ?

No, nothing bothers me. Have you tried to write expert in Russian? If you have not, I advise you to try. Then share your impressions. By the way, I suggest that everyone do it.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Bullshit, there is an international standard, if you do not like it, do not use it, the standard is English, it is clear and understandable to everyone. Really if I write: "so that not a lot of orders, we do this" how it will be understood by others? It is the same with Russian, the world has not come to a head with it.

Vladimir Zubov:
Bullshit, there is an international standard, if you do not like it, do not use it, the standard is English, it is clear and understandable to all. Indeed, if I will write: "so that there was not a big number of orders, we do this" as it will be understood by others? It is the same with Russian, there is no harm in it.
Do you always stick to the standards in everything?
Reason: