Is the netminder difficult? - page 5

trader781:
No, we only enter the market in the direction of the first order when the level is reached (price of the first + step)
Was this first pending order Limit or Stop?

Vladimir Karputov:
Was this first pending order Limit or Stop?
I threw a picture of the chart on the first page. If the conditions at the current moment are suitable for opening, we enter the market at the current moment.

trader781:

No, we only enter the market in the direction of the first order when the level is reached (price of the first + step)

And I do not understand where the idea of the pending orders comes from

Learn your math, please. The orders may be either limit or stop

Forum on trading, automated trading systems & strategy tester

Mesh-keeper - is it complicated?

Vladimir Karputov, 2017.01.29 07:08

Once again - what kind of pending orders are we placing? Types of pending orders:

Types of pending orders

In other words, placing pending Limit orders we hope for a pullback, placing pending Stop orders we hope for trend continuation.

If we open by the market, it means we open a POSITION.

Keep in mind that we are talking about MetaTrader 5.

Vladimir Karputov:

Learn the basics, please. Orders can be either limit or stop orders

If we open on the market, it means we open a POSITION.

Remember that we are talking about MetaTrader 5.

Just out of curiosity, how do you open a position with a robot in 5 without sending an order?

trader781:
Just out of curiosity, how do you open a position with a robot in 5 without sending an order?

• An order is an instruction from a brokerage firm to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two basictypes of orders: market and pending. In addition to these, there are specialTake Profit andStop Loss orders.

There is no clear evidence in your description that a MARKET ORDER should be placed. That's why it took me so long to ask you what is actually needed: to open a position or to place a pending order.

Alternatively, we can start the grid by placing pending Buy Stop and Sell Stop orders - i.e. we hope there will be a steady trend and increase our profitable position: if the trend is up, all Buy Stop orders will be successively closed, if the trend is down, all Sell Stop orders will be successively closed.

A grid of pending orders

Here we have another problem: once the first pending order has triggered, what should we do with opposite pending orders?

Vladimir Karputov:

Alternatively, we can start the grid by placing pending Buy Stop and Sell Stop orders - i.e. we hope there will be a steady trend and increase our profitable position: if the trend is up, all Buy Stop orders will be successively closed, if the trend is down, all Sell Stop orders will be successively closed.

Here we have another problem: once the first pending order has triggered, what should we do with opposite pending orders?

this is not a bad variant, we should try it out

so what i have,

1) the one I suggested from the beginning, where market entries only follow the market with externally set step

2) complete ignoring of market entries and limit order placement starting from the second

i.e. if the entry condition is true - place limiters in both directions and at the first one working remove the opposite ones

3) leave the opposite ones but remove martin from them and also take out according to the set value of profit

I personally like the first one, it was the conditions for it, and I will develop exactly this idea.

trader781:

that's a good one, I'll have to try it out

so what's available,

1) my originally proposed entry only by market with externally set pitch

I personally like the first one, the conditions were right for it and I will develop this idea.

Like this: (with increasing lot in steps - first volume InpLot, then InpLot*coefficient, then InpLot again, and then InpLot*coefficient again)?

MetaTrader 5 "Grid" Expert Advisor

Vladimir Karputov:

Like this: (with the lot increasing in steps - first InpLot volume, then InpLot*coefficient, then InpLot again, then InpLot*coefficient again)?

all right, this variant will work, and you can alternate lots and coefficients in 2 or 3 if you wish.

in the case of a counter-trend you can remove the coefficient, but I'm not sure it should be done this way

we will see at the very end after testing

Vladimir Karputov:

Writing in classes is very handy. It hides a lot of routine code from view. It's a pity if you haven't understood this yet, so your description is scrapped and your ideas are no longer accepted for consideration in this thread.

That's too bad.
Reason: