Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 765

Janer:

The point is that if you reinstall your windows system, all the profiles

and anyway these profiles aren't inprofiles in ProgramFiles and that's why the archive can't be created for the next reinstallation

I thought this was only the case with Wind10but it's also inconvenientwith the newW7

Why not? Archive the profiles directory and then restore from it.

Sergey:

Taking apart the code of the EquityChartModeller indicator.

It has 2 custom functions:

I don't understand where it's highlighted in yellow. If portfolio formula looks like: "USDSEK-4 USDCAD+9 EURJPY-5 AUDNZD-5 EURAUD-1 GBPJPY+6 USDNOK-2", then how can the loop while(p>=0) be overrun to if(p==0) if it only breaks if(X=="+"||X=="-") break; ??

And then below, if(p==0) , why the lot is set to 1 -Lots[Total-1]=1; ?

The indicator is here: https://www.mql5.com/ru/code/10962

> And if it will not break? Well, if somebody will write a formula without +- signs, then X=="+"||X=="-" will not be present, the loop will hang. Does anyone need it? No, that's why if(p==0) breack; by this condition the loop will terminate with 100% guarantee.

> This is, as a default value, or when calculating in the very specific case, when someone entered the formula without +- signs, it will still be 1

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

Both values are correct.

In the double version, because of the low value (fifth decimal place), the default representation goes in scientific form with e-005.

If you want formatted output, use DoubleToString.

Thank you!

Konstantin Nikitin:

Why not? Archive the profiles directory and then restore from it.

I mean in the terminalFile --> Open data directory there you can copy and save Yes?

Then move the saved profile to profiles in ProgramFiles and that's it. From profiles in ProgramFiles it doesn't go to the terminal for some reason

For some reason I don't have indicators in ProgramFiles either

Janer:

I mean in the terminalFile --> Open data directory there you can copy and save Yes?

Then move this saved profile to profiles in ProgramFiles and that's it. From profiles in ProgramFiles it will not go to the terminal for some reason

For some reason my indicators are not in ProgramFiles either

Janer:

Then move that saved profile to profiles in ProgramFiles and that's it. From profiles in ProgramFiles it doesn't go to the terminal for some reason

For some reason my indicators are not in ProgramFiles

I don't know how much longer they will torture you. But I just see that you need a more detailed instruction: files of terminal settings (and it's just the profiles you are looking for), indicators and Expert Advisors files are located not in the folder with the installed terminal, but in another place (so you can't see them, and the terminal doesn't see what you copy). For Win7 and Win10 paths may be different. So, to see this path in terminal you need to clickFile --> Open Data Folder.

And if need all what would be stored where terminal installed, then terminal must be started in portable mode (when you change the startup mode terminal will carry all the files).

Ilya Prozumentov:

I don't know how much longer they're going to torture you. But I just see that you need more detailed instruction: terminal settings files (which is exactly the profiles you are looking for), indicators and Expert Advisor files are located not in the folder with the installed terminal, but in another place (so you don't see them, and the terminal doesn't see what you copy). For Win7 and Win10 paths may be different. So, to see this path in terminal you need to clickFile --> Open Data Folder.

And if you want that all would be stored in the same place where terminal installed, then terminal must be started in a portable mode (when you change the startup mode terminal will carry all the files).

Ilya

When I download mt4 from the site, I save the terminal installed in a separate folder "download

or on my desktop. Then I start terminal and put it all to Program Files C drive.

And everything worked. Now it's the new windows7. I did everything as usual. Loaded the profiles from my archive into C drive. Opened terminal. There's nothing in the profiles.

Andthere is no "MQL4 " in C drive either.

Yesterday I've transferred all folder from "C" drive of old terminal to new one (I have virtual machine)

Ihave startedloading profiles and indicators via data catalogue.

But I have nothing in C disk anyway. All right, at least it works through data catalogue...

Thanks for your participation and wise advices))

Janer:

Ilya

When I download mt4 from the site, I save the installed terminal in a separate "download" folder

or on desktop. Then the terminal is loaded and it all goes to Program Files drive C.

And everything worked. Now it's the new windows7. I did everything as usual. Loaded the profiles from my archive into C drive. Opened terminal. There's nothing in the profiles.

Andthere is no "MQL4 " in C drive either.

Yesterday I've transferred all folder from "C" of old terminal to new one (I have virtual machine)

Ihave startedloading profiles and indicators via data catalogue.

But I have nothing in C disk anyway. Well, at least I got it through data catalogue...

Thank you all for your participation and good advice))

In win7 and higher there is an account control system (UAC), so all user files are now placed in their own sandboxes. I told you right away where to find my files

If you want as before - in the installation folder, you should run the terminal in portable mode - search the forum (search right at the top)

Artyom Trishkin:

With win7 and up, there is now User Account Control (UAC), so all user files are now placed in their own sandboxes. I told you where to find your files

If you want to find your files as before - in the installation folder, you need to run the terminal in portable mode - search the forum (search right-top)

Found it. Thanks.

Janer:

Found it. Will do. Thank you.

It doesn't really matter where your profiles are currently working/saving. To archive them for future recovery you still need to go to profiles and archive it. Depending on how you start the terminal, you will have it working in the home user of the OS, or when portable in the terminal directory.

Reason: