Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 702

So which converter should I choose?

Zvezdochet:

Golly .... I'm a mess in the head ..... let me ask you questions because you're not joking around and you're making things very clear.

a) I have a cent account on MT4 because there is no cent account on MT5.

b) If I trade at MT4 WHICH language do I need to learn? MQL4 or MQL5?

c) Is MQL 5 suitable for cent accounts, i.e. for MT4 ?

d) is there a need for MQL 5 if the EA is simple ( bay-take-sell-take-bay-take-sell - stoploss-bay-stoploss-sell )

д ) e) Is programming a good starting point, is Kovalev's book ok or is there something better?

f ) I need an advice WHAT to start with in MQL programming ( 4 or 5 .... ?) ?

g ) More than once I read that MT 5 has many resources . But what does this have to do with the platform and the MQL5 programming language ... so far I won't ask any more questions or I'll get confused again.

Zvezdochet:

Silence.... understand.... as you computer geeks put it " Lots of water ..... "

Silence is not because there is a lot of water, but because there are other things to do. Such as chopping firewood, heating the cooker (I chop wood for fun. Not just lying on the couch rolling over sideways), having dinner with a shot... ...and other household chores.

Bottom line:

1. If your brokerage company has no cents on MT5, therefore I would change the brokerage company.

2. If you have absolutely no programming knowledge, you can learn any language. THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. The main thing is to understand the principles and get used to the terminology, this is my personal experience. I was 33 when I learnt BASIC. Later I mastered mql4, because MT5 hasn't been released yet. Conclusion, in my opinion, it's better to learn mql5. Then it will be much easier to master mql4.

3. No, it will not. I have not got interested therefore I don't know, fxsaber has a multi-terminal library that allows mql4 code to work in MT5, but vice versa ??? big question.

4. It follows from the answer 1.

5. I haven't read this tutorial, although Sergey Kovalev answered my questions on alp forum. I can't compare it with anything else. The documentation is sufficient in most cases.

6. The answer has already been in the answer 2.

7. For a programmer, a resource does not sound so unambiguous. https://docs.mql4.com/ru/runtime/resources And by the way, there is not a single word about resources in Kovalev's textbook. At that time, there were simply no resources at all...

Ресурсы - Программы MQL4 - Справочник MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
//| Функция вызывает штатную OrderSend() и проигрывает звук          | В данном примере показано как проигрывать звуки из файлов Ok.wav и timeoit.wav, входящих в стандартную поставку терминала. Эти файлы находятся в папке означает папку, из которой запущен клиентский терминал MetaTrader 4.  Программным путем из mql4-программы каталог...

Zvezdochet:

If you are for printing, you will still be rejected.
You have to do the layout of the document.

Taras Slobodyanik:

If you are for printing, you will still be rejected.
You have to do the layout of the document.

Yes . For printing. The printer said: "You need a PDF file" but did not say anything about the layout (this is the second time they've pointed out "some kind of layout" .... I'll ask the printer).

Zvezdochet:

Yes, try one at a time. Look for portable versions, they will not clutter up the system

Alexey Viktorov:

The silence is not because there is a lot of water, but because there are other things to do. Such as chopping firewood, heating the cooker (I chop wood for fun. Not lying on the sofa, rolling from side to side), having supper after taking a shot... ...and other household chores.

Bottom line:

1. If your brokerage company has no cents on MT5, therefore I would change the brokerage company.

2. If you have absolutely no programming knowledge, you can learn any language. THIS IS MY PERSONAL OPINION. The main thing is to understand the principles and get used to the terminology, this is my personal experience. I was 33 when I learnt BASIC. Later I mastered mql4, because MT5 hasn't been released yet. Conclusion, in my opinion, it's better to learn mql5. Then it will be much easier to master mql4.

3. No, it will not. I have not got interested therefore I don't know, fxsaber has a multi-terminal library that allows mql4 code to work in MT5, but vice versa ??? big question.

4. It follows from the answer 1.

5. I haven't read this tutorial, although Sergey Kovalev answered my questions on alp forum. I can't compare it with anything else. The documentation is sufficient in most cases.

6. The answer was already in answer 2.

7. For a programmer, a resource doesn't sound so unambiguous. https://docs.mql4.com/ru/runtime/resources And by the way, there is not a single word about resources in Kovalev's textbook. At that time, there were simply no resources at all...

The silence is not because there is a lot of water, but because there are other things to do. Such as chopping firewood, heating up the cooker (I chop wood for fun. I don't want to lie on the sofa, rolling from side to side), having supper after taking a shot... and other chores around the house.I HAVE TO WARM THE CONCRETE AT NIGHT, IT'S WINTER OUTSIDE, NAIL THE CABLE, YOU CAN'T DO IT WITH GLOVES ON, YOU HAVE TO TAKE THEM OFF, THEN PUT THEM ON THE NAILS. I WILL WIND THE NAILS AROUND THE COLD APV ENDS AND THEY ARE NOT NAILED , WIREMEN FORGOT TO DO IT , I WILL HAVE TO DO IT WITHOUT GLOVES , EVEN IN THE FREEZING COLD , Cooking on the cooker, 25 grams of pure alcohol to warm , vodka does not work , it just makes you drunk , and I need to warm up , MY FINGERS SWELL AND TINGLE WHEN IT'S COLD, THEN IT'S COLD AGAIN WHEN I PUT ON MY GLOVES, THEY GET SOAKED IN THE SNOW, IT'S UNCOMFORTABLE..... THIS IS A TRADER'S DAILY ROUTINE

Total:

1. If your brokerage company does not have a cent account on MT5, I would change my brokerage company.

2. If you have absolutely no programming knowledge, you can learn any language. I THINK THAT THE MAIN THING IS TO UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLES AND TO GET USED TO THEM. The main thing is to understand the principles and get used to the terminology, this is my personal experience. I was 33 when I learned BASIC. I WAS 15 WHEN I LEARNED BASIC. I REMEMBER LEARNING 10 COLORS BLUE 20 COLORS WHITE 30 COLORS RED 40 COLORS GRIN 50 RUN AND THE COMPUTER (THAT WAS A WUNDERKIND BACK THEN) STARTED CHANGING THE SCREEN COLOURS. LATER, THEY TOLD US THAT YOU JUMPED THROUGH THE TEN ON PURPOSE. IF YOU FORGOT A FEW THINGS, YOU CAN GO THROUGH ALL 15 COLORS RED AND THE MACHINE WILL DO THE NO.15 COMMAND IN SEQUENCE. I also learned that there are FORTRAN and ALGOL languages. Many years later I started using mql4 because MT5 hadn't been released yet. Conclusion, in my opinion it's better to learn mql5. Then it will be much easier to master mql4. SO, WHERE CAN YOU GET A TEXTBOOK FOR MQL5?

3. no, it is not. I'm not interested because I don't know, fxsaber has a multi-terminal library that allows the mql4 code to work in MT5, but the other way around? THE LANGUAGE AND THE TERMINAL ARE TWO DIFFERENT CATEGORIES IN THE UNIVERSE ( I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON ANYMORE . IS MY TONGUE TWISTED OR SHOULD I WIPE MY MONITOR WITH ALCOHOL ? )

4. Derived from answer 1.

5. I have not read this textbook, although Sergey Kovalev has answered my questions on the alp forum. I can't compare it with anything else. The documentation is sufficient in most cases.

6. The answer was already in answer 2.

7. For the programmer resource ( resource___ is a beautiful word but veiled ,,human resources , natural resources , brain resources , computing resources,,,,,,,, ) does not sound so unambiguous ( it sounds beautiful but the meaning is florid and you have to pretend to be smart, like in the fairy tale Naked King, so that they do not take you for a fool ). https://docs.mql4.com/ru/runtime/resources And by the way, there's not a single word in Kovalev's textbook about resources. At the time there were none at all...
  • docs.mql4.com
//| Функция вызывает штатную OrderSend() и проигрывает звук          | В данном примере показано как проигрывать звуки из файлов Ok.wav и timeoit.wav, входящих в стандартную поставку терминала. Эти файлы находятся в папке означает папку, из которой запущен клиентский терминал MetaTrader 4.  Программным путем из mql4-программы каталог...( ТЁМНЫЙ ЛЕС !!! )

and yet Kovalev ....?

The miracle function ObjectGetValueByTime

Good evening, dear colleagues.

Once again I faced a miracle, either MQL4 or MT4, or my own creation.

The ObjectGetValueByTimefunction does not work in the indicator. That is, it doesn't work at all, it works on its own.

In order to see it, you need to create 3 identical channels:

- the first one in the indicator window using the standard MT4 function manually "StdDev Channel" (we simply delete the number) ;

- the second (for control) "CanelOutside". created by an external script in the same window using the ObjectCreate function;

- the third one, which we want to control, "CanelInside" created by the same function ObjectCreate, but by the indicator itself.

The indicator sees the first two functions "StdDev Channel" and "CanelOutside" and displays the price of the necessary points, but it sees its own channel butdoes not want to display the price of the channel!

However, all this relates to the first iteration, since the second and further iteration the "CanelInside" channel price appears .But at the first iteration, the object is detected, but the price is not! After this failure, the indicator cannot initialize itself correctly.

By the way, the indicator determines the properties of its channel " CanelInside"using the function ObjectGet .

I've changed my mind, I don't know what the delay is related to. If anyone has any idea or has a problem with it, please help me to understand it.

Codes and the expert log attached. Thanks in advance.

2018.11.29 13:53:19.364 Chudo GBPUSD,H1: CanelOutside channel found in window = 0 Upper price on bar 6 = 1.293209835852652

2018.11.29 13:53:19.364 Chudo GBPUSD,H1: CanelInside channel found in window = 0 Upper price on bar 2 = 1.285447129034891

2018.11.29 13:52:56.321 Chudo GBPUSD,H1: StdDev Channel found in window = 0 Upper price on bar 12 = 1.282497000244989

2018.11.29 13:52:56.321 Chudo GBPUSD,H1: CanelOutside Channel found in window = 0 Upper price on bar 6 = 1.293209835852652

2018.11.29 13:52:56.321 Chudo GBPUSD,H1: CanelInside channel found in window = 0 Upper price on bar 2 = 0.0

2018.11.29 13:52:56.321 Chudo GBPUSD,H1: initialized

2018.11.29 13:52:56.211 Custom indicator Chudo GBPUSD,H1: loaded successfully

2018.11.29 13:52:56.151 Custom indicator Chudo GBPUSD,H1: removed

Files:

Greetings.

TheDaily Pivot Points indicatordraws lines. Can you tell me how to get the levels of the lines after they are drawn? The actual values in the buffers only at the time of drawing, then some other values. Screenshot with log of values with shifter on 6,5,4,3,2,1,0.

Reason: