Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1756

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Great, just what you need!

Thank you!

P.S. Found the reason why parameters were not saved, there were semicolons at the end, got caught when copying from input - removed and everything worked. Inattention.

i had it long ago in 4 - when there are a lot of parameters (indicator/expert), and moreover indicator buffers, some of them are not saved in chart templates... and for some reason only colours and styles suffer :-)

That's partly why I try not to put anything that's related to visual part into input/sinput. If visual tuning is important, I can make a micro styles editor separately.

In input/sinput only the most vital things for work, testing and optimizations. At the same time, there are fewer parameters in iCustom :-)

Maxim Kuznetsov #:

it was a long time ago in 4 - when there are a lot of parameters (indicator/expert), and moreover indicator buffers, some of them were not saved in the chart templates...and for some reason only colours and styles suffered :-)

That's partly why I try not to store in input/sinput anything that has to do with visual part. If visual tuning is important, I can make a micro styles editor separately.

In input/sinput only the most vital things for work, testing and optimizations. At the same time iCustom has fewer parameters:-)

You need to write the right sequence, not first the plushies and then the main parameters :)

MakarFX #:

There's obviously something wrong here!

mmm yes no. The starting value of bar.time_open is "0" so after initialisation there will be a condition entry and then bar.time_open = current bar time. The next entry will only be on the first tick after the new bar appears...

Nerd Trader #:
mmm yes no. The starting value of bar.time_open is "0" so after initialisation there will be a condition entry and then bar.time_open = current bar time. The next entry will only be on the first tick after the new bar appears...

bar. time_open

I was misled by the dot. I thought it was a value from a class.

MakarFX #:

bar. time_open

I was misled by the dot. I thought it was a value from a class.

Yes it is a value from a class :) I should have written a plain variable for the example

Vitaly Muzichenko #:

Why?

---

What's the way to build an array from the input/extern strings?

I'm surprised that the extren didn't work. Apparently 5 has defined it as a constant too, just like an intu.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:

It's strange that the extran didn't work. Apparently 5 has also defined it as a constant, just like an intu.

Yes, it is strange, and the purpose of constants is different. Here we should have arrayed them and not changed the value, i.e. just used

Good afternoon, community!

Question from a curious but, alas, uninitiated in programming:

There is an MA indicator in the network, on the end of which there is the instrument's PRICE.

QUESTION - is it possible, theoretically, to attach not a price, but an object (a circle) to the end of МА? And it will be adjustable in size and colour?

Thank you!

Kedrov #:

Good afternoon, community!

Question from a curious but, alas, uninitiated in programming:

There is an MA indicator in the network, on the end of which there is the instrument's PRICE.

ANSWER - is it possible, theoretically, to attach not a price to the end of МА, but an object - a circle? And it will be adjustable in size and colour?

Thank you!

Theoretically, it is possible.

MakarFX #:

Theoretically it is possible.

Thanks for the answer!

And practically - how much could it cost?

Reason: