Irrelevant arrows/deals in strategy tester - visualisation mode

Hi all,

When testing/visualizing the outcomes of a EA, I observe irrelevant arrows/deals being displayed on the chart.

- I'm pretty sure they are not related to relevant deals, as OnTradeTransaction doesn't display any message (even basic) in the journal at the corresponding times.

- Also, on the chart with low speed, I can observe arrows/lines before the price actually reach them.

Is it a commonly known issue / would you recommend a command in the chart template to reset/delete any irrelevant arrows/trade lines (or any other practical solution)?

Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Functions / Event Handling Functions
Documentation on MQL5: Language Basics / Functions / Event Handling Functions
  • www.mql5.com
Event Handling Functions - Functions - Language Basics - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Hard to know what you mean exactly. Please post at least one screenshot.

Alain Verleyen #:
Hard to know what you mean exactly. Please post at least one screenshot.

I think I get it. After analysis it seems that saving a chart template in the Tester/visualization mode not only saves the indicators/display settings, but also the arrows/lines related to the deals/trades. Hence, when loading the template, there can be some confusion between new deals/trades (e.g. due to different strategy inputs) and the saved ones (that are also displayed - also after the current time -, which is something I didn't expect). Thanks for the support.

Thomas110 #:

I think I get it. After analysis it seems that saving a chart template in the Tester/visualization mode not only saves the indicators/display settings, but also the arrows/lines related to the deals/trades. Hence, when loading the template, there can be some confusion between new deals/trades (e.g. due to different strategy inputs) and the saved ones (that are also displayed - also after the current time -, which is something I didn't expect). Thanks for the support.

This is correct, always delete all chart objects before saving a template!

Reason: