Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1111

Alexey Viktorov:

It is practically one line of code. But we need to get a position ticket for it. Here is an Expert Advisor from OnInit that opens position with 0.2 lot and closes half of it with OnTick.

Or here is the full code from the CTrade class

Thank you!

Artyom Trishkin:

Go here to the Articles section and browse - there's a lot on OOP, including for beginners.

Not claiming anything. But why not where to read ....

Global and local variables. The choice of variable visibility declaration is determined by the need to use the values of the function variables in other functions and of course in the ontic advisor. That is, if the function only needs the value passed to it, it is correct to declare all variables of the function as local. If the function is calculating, and the variables, to which the results of calculation are assigned, are used in other functions, these variables must be declared on the global level.

The same goes for classes and the visibility level of variables, functions, methods. If first, we define what we want from the class, which functions, variables, structures and we declare them as public. If the class members are only used inside the class, we declare them private or protected, depending on whether we want inheritance.

Reading the manual, you get the impression that you are being told about properties of something and how to use it, guess for yourself...

In general, the idea is that if the manual was more clearly explained, the language would be learned faster, and without additional articles. I can't do without it (of course, I'm talking about me only)). ). Kudos to the authors of the articles.

Does MQL have an analogue of try, catch and throw from C++?

Greetings. Can you advise me please?

I have an indicator that creates objects on a chart, and an EA that works on those objects, (by going through their list).

But the EA only detects the objects on the next tick after they have been created.

Is it possible that the EA can detect objects on the same tick when they are created?

Andrey Sokolov:

Greetings. Can you advise me please?

I have an indicator that creates objects on a chart, and an EA that works on those objects, (by going through their list).

But the EA only detects the objects on the next tick after they have been created.

Is it possible that the EA can detect objects on the same tick when they are created?

It is possible to transfer an indicator algorithm to an EA. Such indicators, which do not have buffers, are much easier to transfer to an EA.

Alexey Viktorov:

It is possible to transfer an indicator algorithm to an EA. Such indicators, which have no buffers, are much easier to transfer to an EA.

This is understandable, but so far this is the question.

At the same time, if I print messages from the indicator and EA, then the first one comes from the indicator.

AlsoChartRedraw(0); both at the end of the indicator and at the beginning of the EA have not helped.

Andrey Sokolov:

That's understandable, but for now that's the question.

"Such" as what? How do you imagine reading something not yet written or seeing something not yet drawn?

Alexey Viktorov:

"Such", is it what? How do you imagine reading something not yet written or seeing something not yet drawn?

"read" on the same tick, but after drawing is possible?

"Such", what is it? "For the Expert Advisor to work with objects

I will try it viaOnChartEvent

Andrey Sokolov:

"read" on the same tick, but after drawing is it possible?

"Such", what is it? " - for the EA to work on the objects.
Of course not. Imagine that I am writing this message, and you are reading it at the same time. Can it happen? Even I'm not reading the message, but only the text that is typed for the message. As long as there is no object, there are no properties of that object. And even more, try to read theproperties of the object RIGHT after its creation in the indicator itself. It will not work. There must be some time "gap" between object creation and access to its properties.

Andrey Sokolov:

I'll try using OnChartEvent

In OnChartEvent you also need to know the exact name of the object. And there isn't one until there is no object itself.

Reason: