Any questions from newcomers on MQL4 and MQL5, help and discussion on algorithms and codes - page 1105

Igor Makanu:

ME is the same now

what difference does it make in ME to put a breakpoint or use DebugBreak()? - I think the result is the same.

Of course, it's almost the same. Only DebugBreak() can be set by condition and breakpoint on each code pass.

I just don't use debugger in mql4 and I haven't opened it for a long time, so I don't remember.

Alexey Viktorov:

Of course, it's almost the same. Only DebugBreak() can be set by condition and breakpoint on each code pass.

I don't use debugger in mql4, and I haven't opened it for a long time, so I don't remember.

I see, it's the other way round, I usually put breakpoints using the mouse, then I work with the debugger

Igor Makanu:

I'm working under the debugger.

How does it work?

I tried to google MetaEditor's description to find out about points and other functionality, but I couldn't find it. Please, tell me where it's described.

Andrey Sokolov:

How does this work, anyway?

I tried to google MetaEditor's descriptions to find out about points and other functionality, but I couldn't find any. Could you please tell me where there is a description?

In MetaEditor press F1. This is the same as in all windows programs. It is strange not to know this.

Andrey Sokolov:

How does this work, anyway?

I tried to google MetaEditor's descriptions to find out about points and other functionality, but I couldn't find any. Please, tell me where it is described.

I found one for MT5

Artyom Trishkin:

Press F1 in MetaEditor. It is the same as in all windows programs. It is strange not to know it.

And Andrei is half right. If the cursor is on the code text, the language guide pops up at F1, but not at the editor :) i.e. either open it from the menu, or make an auxiliary window (for example, navigator) active beforehand

Igor Zakharov,Artyom Trishkin found it, thanks

Igor Zakharov
Igor Zakharov
  • www.mql5.com
Профиль трейдера

Igor Zakharov:

And Andrei is half right. If the cursor is on the code text, the language guide pops up at F1, but not at the editor :) i.e. either open from the menu, or make an auxiliary window (for example, navigator) active beforehand

Well, there is also this, and you can just click the mouse:

In general - it's strange to google something that is always, every day in front of your eyes.

Hello

I have a query.

I have defined a structure in MQL4. But I get an error when assigning an object.

See this code and error:

struct FXT
  {
   int size ;
   int intSize;
  } FXT_HEADER;
  FXT_HEADER.intSize=70;

Error:

'FXT_HEADER' - неожиданный токен, вероятно, отсутствует тип?    sizes.mqh       10      3
'.' - ожидается точка с запятой                                 sizes.mqh       10      13

Let me know what I can do to resolve this.

jaffer wilson:

Hello

I have a query.

I have defined the structure in MQL4. But I get an error when assigning an object.

See this code and error:

Error:

Let me know what I can do to resolve this.

this will work:

struct FXT
  {
   int size ;
   int intSize;
  } FXT_HEADER;

void OnStart()
{
FXT_HEADER.intSize=70;
}

most likely you have described the structure at global level, and there at global level you wanted to assign values to the fields of the structure, this will not work

Reason: