MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 93

nasdaq:

The Bars function still doesn't work in the tester and my products have already been published - people are swearing.

Asked the question several times, no answer - how many optimization options in MT4 tester? In MT5 I optimize 120 parameters in range from -100 to 100 with step 1, in MT4, in the same range, only eight. The MT4 tester, by these features, will be brought up to the level of MT5? Don't know what to advise on the customisation in the product description for MT4.

If there is a similar product on 5, with 100% similarity - advise to test and optimize the demo version of 5 + there is a cloud there, and transfer the result to 4.

Latest build 554, when testing EAs - crashes. Started after the update. I can't say the exact reason.

Naturally, I can't look through the logs. There is nothing in the terminal logs (files). :( Apparently it has no time to log.

P.S.

How do I reinstall the terminal? More precisely, is it enough to erase the directory of the terminal or put it somewhere else? Or is it necessary to erase the entire Metaquotes folder?

Lion.Fx:

Latest build 554, when testing EAs - crashes.

Reinstalled in a new folder, downloaded an update. Same thing. :(

The "MetaTrader" program has stopped working.
The problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application name: terminal.exe
Application version: 4.0.0.554

And if I do the testing, for a short period of time (not more than a month), everything is OK. Apparently, when a large volume of quotes is loaded, it crashes.
I am testing MACD and MovingAverage Expert Advisors.

Lion.Fx:

Reinstalled in a new folder, downloaded an update. Same thing. :(

MetaTrader stop working
The problem signature:
Problem event name: APPCRASH
Application name: terminal.exe
Application version: 4.0.0.554

And if I do the testing, for a short period of time (not more than a month), everything is OK. Apparently, when a large volume of quotes is loaded, the application crashes.
I am testing MACD and MovingAverage Expert Advisors.

Also crashes at 1/2 intervals. Interestingly, the newly launched terminal crashes when trying to place an order in the tester. I restart it - it does not crashes. I restart the test - it does not open. Or it may not. I do not understand the logic. I analyzed the test on October 10 until today. Expert Advisor is not from the standard delivery.

I am testing on my weak Netbook with only 1g memory. Maybe that's the reason.

artmedia70:

Also crashes at 1/2 intervals. Interestingly, the newly started terminal crashes when trying to place an order in the tester. I restart it - it doesn't. I restart the test - it does not open. Or it may not. I do not understand the logic. I analyzed the test on October 10 until today. Expert Advisor is not from the standard delivery.

I was running the test on a weak Netbook with 1 Gbyte of RAM. Maybe that's the reason...

I have my own EAs, they almost always go off, even in a short period of time. From the standard one, they still go through sometimes. I test on a relatively good laptop with 4gig memory.
But it seems to me that the reason is the quotes. Sometimes my Expert Advisor has time to open several orders and then it splits if I have a long time interval.
I have tried to load and recalculate quotes. But it still...

It's a pity it happened when the Market was running. :(

ALXIMIKS:

If there is similar product on 5, with 100% similarity - advise to test and optimize the demo version on 5 + there is a clud and transfer the result to 4.

Thought about it, but the person still needs to test on the platform being traded. MT4 and MT5 have the .set files in different encodings, they can be transferred through a text editor, but how do I explain this to the buyers? I have asked the admins to hold the products for now, let's see what they will create in the MT4 tester.

artmedia70:

Also crashes at 1/2 intervals. Interestingly, the newly started terminal crashes when trying to place an order in the tester. I restart it - it doesn't. I restart the test - it does not open. Or it may not. I do not understand the logic. I analyzed the test on October 10 until today. Expert Advisor is not from the standard delivery.

I was running the test on a weak Netbook with 1 Gbyte of RAM. Maybe that's the reason...

I've been noticing this sometimes lately, even on the stable 509 build...

Lion.Fx:

I have my EAs, in general always go off, even in a short period of time. Here from standard still sometimes go through. I'm testing on a relatively good laptop with 4gig memory.
But it seems to me that the reason is the quotes. Sometimes my Expert Advisor has time to open several orders and then it splits if I have a long time interval.
I have tried to load and recalculate quotes. All the same...

It's a pity it happened when the Market was running. :(

Is the market up and running? I'm gonna go check on the status of my products.

ZS. It's still the same...

Sepulca:
Lately I've noticed it sometimes even on stable 509 build...

On the same netbook on the 509, I've never had a crash, even though I have almost zero free memory. And there's almost no stopping the access to the drive. But no... it works.

But in new build, I've closed everything to free up memory, no matter, it just disappears... Maybe it's not about memory either.

artmedia70:

Is the market up and running? I'm going to check the status of my products.

ZS. All the same...

Some sellers have already added. Haven't sent mine to the marketplace to check yet myself.

But wanted to test other people's products, but no, there's a bug in the new build. It was a mistake to update this morning.

By the way, now, put EAs on the chart, seems to be working, trades open, nothing flies out. I have a good feeling that this is the tester's problem.

P.S. In 509 it works fine for me, I don't remember it ever crashing.

Reason: