MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 100

chief2000:
If one of the updated terminals is connected to the internet is it able to download updates from the server and restore user deleted folders? It is better to let users know before installing updates and ask if they want to install them now or postpone them to a later date, as many companies do.

The terminal reports this in its logbook. First it says that the update is available. Then, after restarting the terminal, it says that the update is downloaded, then, after restarting again, UAC asks if changes can be made. Only after that the terminal restarts and updates itself.

Three such steps are very hard to miss.

Okay.

I'll give you a demonstration.

There's a 554 build from December 6.

I turned on the terminal.

it downloaded the new build.

without closing the terminal - opened another one, 509 build.

nothing happened! it is still there and does not update

started up the MK terminal -

only it updated as planned

But the Presets folder from the old Experts location has disappeared without a trace. It's just not there in the local location in the terminal, but I found it in the profile, but it's empty.

Not critical for me, but probably a bit of a bug :)

sergeev:

Okay.

You're just lucky to avoid the path 509 -> first betas -> further betas. For example by cleaning up the update directory on one of the updates or by using file copying instead of updating.

In one of the betas we've changed the update directory to a better one (in terms of permissions), so old 509 builds don't update because they look in a different directory.

But if you update 509, all other builds will be updated as well.

sergeev:

Okay.

There's a 554 build from December 6.

I turned on the terminal.

it downloaded the new build.

without closing the terminal - opened another one, 509 build.

nothing happened! it is still there and does not update

started up the MK terminal -

only it updated as planned

Maybe you should have closed the test terminal and started the one from VFX for the sake of the experiment?

artmedia70:
Maybe you should have closed the test terminal and started the one from VFX for the sake of the experiment?

Listen :) well, i'm pulling every update. i'm working actively. all the situations that are possible have already happened.

You are lucky to avoid the path of 509 -> first betas -> further betas.

Renat:

You're just lucky to avoid the path 509 -> first betas -> further betas. For example, by cleaning up the update directory on one of the updates or by using file copying instead of updating.

In one of the betas we changed the update directory to a more correct (in terms of access rights) and therefore old 509 builds don't get updated as they look in a different directory.

But if you update 509, all the others will be updated as well.

Once only at the very beginning I deleted the directory because the upgrade didn't happen. it was the 534 build - my first attempt at beta.

An option that my environment might have is that all terminals are on a FAT32 partition (deliberately, so as not to use /portable)

perhaps they are not pulling an update from Roaming for this reason?

When starting the terminal, most of the time my EA fails to initialise (shutdown by timeout). If you call up the properties window and press [ok], it initialises normally.

In old terminal this happens less often.

Here is an example of an update message from ThinkOrSwim - all plain and simple and no "surprises" for the user.

In "C:\ProgramData\MetaQuotes" is empty, in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes" also WebInstall is not found.

Where could it be hiding? What should I delete?

sergeev:

Theonly time I deleted the directory was at the very beginning, because the update wasn't happening. it was the 534 build - my first attempt at a beta.

Probably exactly the case I described.
Reason: