Multiple Metatrader Programs.

I currently have installed on my PC a number of different MetaTrader programs and am typically copying indicators and EAs from one program directory to another MetaTrader program directory. What I have noticed is that when I open a program to edit, within the MetaTrader editor, sometimes it is opening the original program in the original directory. In other words it is not opening the program in the copied to directory or new MetaTrader program. How can you ensure that the program that is being opened is the correct program? Is this a Vista issue as I noted when I expanded the directory tree within the directory search dropdown, it showed a couple of paths (See attached).

There is no attachment

Here is the attachment.

I keep my code that I am working on in a completely separate folder structure from my MT4 Terminals . . . when I want to use or test an EA or Indicator in MT4 I copy it to the relevant directory in the Terminal I want to test in. If you have many Terminals how do you know which has the latest version of your code in it ?

RaptorUK:
I keep my code that I am working on in a completely separate folder structure from my MT4 Terminals . . . when I want to use or test an EA or Indicator in MT4 I copy it to the relevant directory in the Terminal I want to test in. If you have many Terminals how do you know which has the latest version of your code in it ?

Good idea, thanks.

you can use a symlink for the entire experts folder.
Reason: