MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 31

I place a vertical line on the chart. I switch the timeframe and the line disappears, I switch the timeframe to the one I put the line on - it's not there either. Ctrl+B does not show anything on any of the timeframes after the line disappears from the chart. No line at all. Build 536.

ForexMoneyMaker:

MT4 Bild 536, ME 872.

Flipping timeframes caused an error in the indicator buffer: array out of range in 'Bears.mq4' (106,24). There are no errors on the 509 version.

In the other indicator, the following message has popped up: unresolved import function call.

Look at the specified line and position in the file. There is 100% error in access by index.

It's just that the 509 build with the old compiler was soft on this. Now the control is tight and all the bugs stick out.

Barbarian:
I have already written what these directories show, check for yourself

It shows everything correctly.

When 10,000,000 users have UAC disabled personally, then we can go back to discussing directories.

Renat:

It shows everything correctly.

When 10,000,000 users personally have UAC disabled, then you can come back to discussing directories.

His question was probably mostly along these lines: Can these directory names be made more digestible? Not an alphanumeric set, but something more meaningful, tied to the directory name of the actual MT location on the user's computer.

I think the question had that meaning.

artmedia70:

His question was probably mostly along these lines: Can these directory names be made more digestible? Not an alphanumeric set, but something more meaningful, tied to the directory name of the actual MT location on the user's computer.

I think the question had this meaning.

In that case, it's a good idea to have a standard way of specifying the path to the shared "eksperts" folder, for all the terminals installed on the machine, without having to dance with the links.

RekkeR:
In that case, it would be nice to have a standard feature, to specify path to shared folder "eksperts", for all terminals installed on the machine, without dancing with references.

Wapcally yes. Like displaying two root folders Common and Local in ME and MT navigator, one common to all, the other local to the given terminal. Actually, nothing new, all operating systems route users this way. It is convenient and practical. And it is very simple.

In MT5 it is already done so for data files. The practicality of this approach has been already proved by experience. You can extend the idea to user programs. Only the question with versions (MT) strains, but surely simple solutions can be found.

// I would even be satisfied if metaquotes didn't bother with versioning at all, but just made a common folder and then spin it however you want.

// I've been doing that for a long time now, because I use operating system tools to consolidate folders of different terminals. It's just an unnecessary headache (e.g. malfunctions happen), but it's more usable if you merge the folders "formally".

RekkeR:
In that case, it would be a good idea to have a standard feature to specify the path to the shared folder "eksperts" for all terminals installed on the machine, without having to dance with the links.
Or maybe the user can enter his own password when installing the terminal!

MetaDriver:

Wapcally yes. Like displaying two root folders Common and Local in ME and MT navigator, one common to all, the other local to the given terminal. Actually, nothing new, all operating systems route users this way. It is convenient and practical. And it is very simple.

In MT5 it is already done so for data files. The practicality of this approach has been already proved by experience. You can extend the idea to user programs. Only the version (MT) issue is stressful, but surely simple solutions can be found.

I'm in favour, especially since MT5 experience is already there.

Not everyone is aware of this, but the common common folder for MT4 and MT5 terminals is now the same. It means that at least all 100 copies of terminals have direct access to this folder.

It is in C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Common

artmedia70:

I think the question had that meaning.

That's right, I've stressed it several times in my posts, literally and visually. Why the developers have this attitude is not clear, they hide behind the magic word UAC. If such attitude will remain in future release versions, it will be easier to move to more friendly platforms that work without problems, including Windows 8, without any complicated tambourine dancing on the part of users.

By the way several posts have already poked me with this UAC. For the record, help from Microsoft:

User Account Control (UAC) allows you to prevent unauthorized changes to your computer. Its function is to request permission when a task requires administrative privileges, such as installing software or changing settings that affect all users on the computer.

I don't see any mention here of encapsulating part of a user's software in its sandbox.

Reason: